Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 20, 2004, 3:35 PM   #11

OK, here is the words form Mr. Chen, the maker of the Taiwan adapter previewed here. The following is the price and weight of each item:

Adapter Tube for FZ-10 ..................................... NT$1,200 (180g)
Sigma Petal tube (O ring included) .................... NT$500 (35g)
Tamron 62mm lens cap ..................................... NT$200 (20g)
62-55mm step-down ring .................................. NT$200 (20g)
Shipping, including packaging 50g .................... NT$560

Of the above four items, I don't see the Tamron 62mm lens cap is not absolutely necessary because you can get it from your local store. B&H has it for $6.95, which is about NT$240. Removing this item from the list reduces about $10 but would not reduce the shipping charge. The 50g listed in the Shipping item includes a plastic box for the adapters and rings. Thus, if you wish to buy one set, it is going to be NT$2,660 = $78.00+ assuming the exchange rate being 1:34. Without the Tamron 62mm lens cap, it would be NT$2,440 = $72.

Here is the hidden costs:

(1) wire transfer fee here in the US ..................... $35USD
(2) wire transfer fee in Taiwan ............................ NT$100 (approx $3USD)
(3) Exchange rate difference ................................ Total US $$$ wired multiplied by 1.03 (i.e., $1,000USD becomes $1,030USD)
(4) Shipping charge from my place to your address ----- DON'T KNOW YET but would be less than $8.00 with USPS priority mail.

Thus, while a group order will not reduce the actual cost, it does reduce the hidden costs (1) to (3) for each individual.

Because people asked, I am willing to provide my ONE-TIME service. If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and do not use this forum for further discussion as this violates the owner's no-commercial rule. If there will be sufficient number of people interested, I will order Mr. Chen's next batch of adapters for you guys. Otherwise, I am afraid that I have to call this off because the cost may be too high, especially the hidden ones (even though the actual costs are reasonable). I will wait for about 10 days.

CK
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 10:40 PM   #12

For those who are interested in this adapter tube:

In case you have missed, I will provide a ONE-TIME service and this is my final call. I will end this service at 11:59pm on the coming Monday, August 30. I will help those who are interested place a group order. So, if you are interested or have questions, please e-mail me at [email protected] and do not use this forum for further discussion.

CK
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 5:00 PM   #13

Bump this one up since it is a pretty good review and addition to the camera
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote