Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 11, 2004, 11:48 PM   #1

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...e005a.htm#fz20
okay but it seems to have inherited the "grainy" characteristic of FZ10. And there are noise at ISO80 (dark portion). Perhaps you may be interested to compare similar pics taken with Fuji FinePix F810.
fz_10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:58 PM   #2

Nice shots on unmoving subject, is this the new generation? I'll keep my FZ10 for now
I have some Heron shots with the old series FZ10 that I'll post eventually

Butnot now, because I'm waiting for the new series wonderful photos to compare with

I'll wait, for the new brand photos,,,:|

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 5:49 PM   #3

fz_10user wrote:
Quote:
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...e005a.htm#fz20
okay but it seems to have inherited the "grainy" characteristic of FZ10. And there are noise at ISO80 (dark portion). Perhaps you may be interested to compare similar pics taken with Fuji FinePix F810.

Systran translation says this was" LUMIX DMC-FZ20 (experimental model) "
tcpaulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:36 AM   #4

My question is, which camera do you think is the better camera??? The FZ10 or the FZ20???
ctomaselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 2:07 PM   #5

tcpaulh wrote:
Quote:
Systran translation says this wasÂ*" LUMIX DMC-FZ20 (experimental model) "
And you expect the final production to fly?:-)
It's FZ20, there might be some ajustment but not many for sure.
fz_10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 2:58 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. I just purchased the FZ20 and recieved it yesterday but it seems more people are in favor of the FZ10 so I started to beat my head considering I could have saved $140.00. You put my mind at ease and I just wanted an opinion from someone who has used both cameras. I also have a Nikon 5700 but I can't really compare the two as I just wanted a bigger lense with OIS. Thanks again
Old Aug 26, 2004, 3:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I just purchased the FZ20 and recieved it yesterday but it seems more people are in favor of the FZ10 so I started to beat my head considering I could have saved $140.00. You put my mind at ease and I just wanted an opinion from someone who has used both cameras. I also have a Nikon 5700 but I can't really compare the two as I just wanted a bigger lense with OIS. Thanks again
I have both cameras. In my opinion the FZ20 is better in all respects and represents a nice iterative step over my FZ10. The image quality on the FZ20 is better, there is less chromatic aberration and measurably greater resolution.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:23 AM   #8

You guys in the US have got the FZ20, but I still haven't seen any reviews? What are the reviewers up to? Usually the cameras are reviewed before they are available to the public.

Here in Oz, the FZ20 there is still no mention on the panasonic web site as they are still flogging the FZ10.

Heres hoping the reviews & availability come before Xmas! (EDIT: Xmas 2004)
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:29 AM   #9

Thanks Lin. I see you are a highly resepectable photographer here, as well as ,dpreview, so I would definately trust anything you would have to say about any camera. I look forward to hearing any reviews you have on the FZ20. Or for any camera, that is. :-)