Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 14, 2004, 6:19 PM   #1

I'm leaving this week for a photographic trip, and after having filled a memory card today and replacing it, I'm getting a "Memory card door open" error and of course cannot do anything at all. Talk about timing! Has anyone had and/or solved this problem? Is there a way to kill any internal battery that may be stuck in "door open" mode? As the error came on after powering up on the tripod, obviously the door was not open. I've tried turning it off and on, and changing the memory card, but nothing has worked. I'm fit to be tied.
ISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:17 AM   #2

You might want to check to see if the little button pusher (just a description) on the card door is still there. It's on the left corner of the door on the hinge side , and goes into the hole there in the camera body to activate the switch indicating the door is closed.
Dliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 7:49 AM   #3

Thanks - I checked and it's still there. I thought that might be where the sensor is, and I don't see anything wrong with it. I guess the problem is more internal - off goes to the camera to warranty repair, and I suppose I'll just enjoy my trip without the camera. I sure wish there was a way to work around the error - after all, simply having the door open, while not good for the camera, shouldn't be a fatal flaw.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 4:30 PM   #4

WAG

Have you tried using a toothpick to push down where that tab fits. I can turn the message off by doing that on mine. Or maybe try Resetting the camera to factory defaults.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 5:55 PM   #5

That was a great idea to try the toothpick, but unfortunately, it didn't help. I can't get to the menu at all with that error message. I tried to take the card out but it won't let you get to the menu then, either. Does that seem strange? What should I be unable to get to the menu just because there is no card in the camera?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 7:21 PM   #6

Have you tried this yet??

Remove the battery and the card and let it sit overnight. Then try startup again, preferably with a fresh battery (or the alternate ofusing thecharger) and preferably a different SD card.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote