Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:33 PM   #1

Just a heads up. The FZ20 is available for immediate delivery at circuitcity.com but there is a restocking fee for returns! I have one on pre-order at Amazon and it is still scheduled for delivery of Oct.1, 2004. I dont want to wait. I want mine now! I guess thats the price I have to pay for a liberal return policy. Dave
superzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:47 AM   #2

:?what to do, what to do....

I so had my finger on the "add to cart" button, but $90.00 is a lot to fork over if I don't like the camera! This will be an exercise in patience for me. I'm going to wait to read steve's review!

Cheers!

mare
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 1:41 PM   #3

They are no longer is stock at Circuit City. :sad:
mnmgri4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 6:34 PM   #4

Well. like I said... I have one on order from Amazon and should be one of the first in line... but... I have been having such horrible withdrawals having sent my FZ10 back over a month ago that I whent ahead and ordered the FZ20 from Amazon. Not only do I lose out on the $50 coupon from Amazon but also have to pay 6% sales tax now! I dont care! I CANT wait! Thats my problem... no discipline... It may be here August 22, 2004.

Amazon told me that the delivery date for people that order now is even going to be later than my ship date due to demand. I fear that even though I should be one of the first from Amazon that when It gets to be Oct.1 that they will tell me I have to wait longer. No turning back now. I know that when the box arrives on Tuesday at its latest that I wont be able to resist opening it. I am not going to wait...
My "gotta have it" has allready been activated.

Contrary to what others have said... I am assured that I can return the camera if unopened for a full refund. I would rather buy from Amazon and have the 30 days to return even if I use it and save $86. All I know for sure is I bought it from circuitcity as soon as I found it to assure my getting one as soon as possible. I may still turn it in at my local circuitcity and wait for my Amazon order but I doubt it. I just bought some time to think about it some more. But then, what is $86 in the grand scheme of things for all the fun I am missing out on? gotta have it! gotta have it! gotta have it! gotta have it! gotta have it! SLAP! thanks, I needed that. Dave
superzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:15 AM   #5

Please check your local Circuit City stores. The stores may have them before the mail order.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 1:15 PM   #6

Yes, but when will the reviewers?

Bill
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 1:33 PM   #7

I just looked at circuitcity.com and it says "not available" Do you think they sold out already?
LisaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:02 PM   #8

First fz20 delivered to the US. See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9996539
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:33 PM   #9

LisaMarie wrote:
Quote:
I just looked at circuitcity.com and it says "not available" Do you think they sold out already?

Yep, apparently they sold out within 24 hours (by Saturday afternoon or evening). I have no idea how many they had, though.

flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:35 PM   #10

I called the Circuit City stores listed on the Panasonic website where they're supposed to be available. Nope!

I also called Ritz Cameras listed on the website. Nope!
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote