Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 5, 2004, 3:31 AM   #11

For my FZ10 I bought a cheap eyecup from my local camera store. It seems to work OK, but is nothing amazing. At least it keeps my glasses from getting scratched by the viewfinder. The box has EYECUP-M PENTAX written on it. I had to cut away a bit of extra rubber.

And for an external flash, as everyone says, go get a Sunpak 383. Mine is everything I expected. You will not be disappointed. Oh, and the trigger voltage is low so there's no way it will harm your camera. (Mine's about 3.8V).
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 8:53 AM   #12
JKA

I purchased one of this eyecup, but I lost itafter the first outing. I wonder if the Nikon D10 eyecup stay on better?
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:40 PM   #13

Picking up the Sunpak this weekend ! Regards the eye cup coming off the EVF, so far the D10 eye cup has only come off once after I've rushed to get the camera out from the bag. Its got a fairly tight fit around the EVF but it would be good if I could find a way to secure it a wee bit more.

Harj
HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:19 AM   #14

I have an olympus eyecup inner hole was too small, filed it out to fit,its bigger withlots of rubber surround, it has a thin but strong plastic tag thru the strap hole, prefer it too the nikon (that falls off to easy )I try that D10 ver tho thnx..

lol before i boughta few, i made several from fimo putty they fit butnot soft but can make diff sizes that way..

you can make that sunpak 383spread ( if needed ) more light with a white folded card and elastic band around it..
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 1:10 PM   #15

This, in my opinion, is the best eyecup there is and I have several. But how did you fit it to your FZ10?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:17 PM   #16

Outwith the camera today and the eye cup never fell off but when I got home and took the camera out it was missing ! oh well, I'll have to get another one and this time find a way of securing it.

Harj

:?:?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:33 PM   #17
JKA

Please let us know how you secure the eyecup.

I normally put the eyecup on only when I really need it. i remove it when I am not using it.

Thanks!
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:12 PM   #18

I have tried glue, rubber cement, and other stuff for the Nikon and they all fell off, Now I am using the Orion with velco and I leave it on all the time. It is the best yet.

Isn't it something we pay $$$$$ for a Panasonic and then have to buy Nikon or Orion eyecups to really use it?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 8:09 PM   #19

The d10 just push fits right on to the EVF. I found having it upside down more secure. I got caught out in a storm today so it may have come off as I rushed to get the camera back into the bag and did not notice that the cup was missing until I got back home.

It is funny, that Panasonic dont manufacture an eye cup and that where forced to buy another manufacturers. I did pop into a Leica store hoping they might have an eye cup that could fit Leica version of the Pana DMC-LC1 but they didn't either.

Old Oct 6, 2004, 11:04 PM   #20

I know I've said the Pentax Eyecup-M I have isn't all that great, but since I've not tried any of the others, maybe it's up there with the best.

Anyway, mine holds on so snuggly I can pick up the whole camera by the eyecup. It has never come off by accident (and I've just finished shooting 10000 photos in Europe in all weather (*)). Does that put it in the lead?

(*) Yes, the trip was excellent. Thanks for asking. :-)
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote