Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:17 PM   #11

Blue? Hmm, did you set your WB to flash? Don't leave it on your manual settings, since you're getting an artificial burst of light with the flash.

cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:03 PM   #12

Bird Lady of Hudson wrote:
Quote:
Klaas, can you tell me how to re-calibrate it?

Also can anyone tell me, when manually setting the white balance in a dimly lit room do you set it for the dimly lit room? Or is there some way of setting it for the flash?

I took test pictures today and they came out blue. They did clean up with editing software but I'd rather get it right the first time.
In the menu go to white balance, then go to the far right. You are now prompted to take a shot of a white object, I always carry a white piece of printer paper with me to do this but you can point it to a white wall or ceiling as well. Remember the WB setting you just made is only correct for the room (or part of it when it's large and there are different types of light sources) you made them in and only for photography without the use of a flash! When you use the flash set the camera to flash WB.

Klaas Bloem
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 7:41 PM   #13

LOL.... that explains a lot of things. Unfortunately I was at the wedding and reception when the explanations were posted. I did a halfway decent job in spite of myself.

So using the flash setting negates the need for white balance?
Bird Lady of Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:30 AM   #14

Bird Lady of Hudson wrote:
Quote:
LOL.... that explains a lot of things. Unfortunately I was at the wedding and reception when the explanations were posted. I did a halfway decent job in spite of myself.

So using the flash setting negates the need for white balance?
I hope your shots were fine, when using flash you should use flash WB, manual WB is fine for taking pictures inside without flash.
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote