Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:46 PM   #1

Who...

CC keeps goign in and out of stock...

who else stocks them...? Preferably someone who sips internationally e.g. B&H Photo
General Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:59 PM   #2

CC seems to be the only company having them in stock at the moment (maybe they made some kind of deal with Panasonic).
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:25 AM   #3

pricejapan.com ... i'm going to get mine from them... i heard they are reputable, anyone here know for sure?
General Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:15 PM   #4

circuit city has had the FZ20 available since yesterday. I just looked, and it's still available for $539.
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:18 PM   #5

I know of a few people that have used pricejapan.com and all went well. There is also a guy that lives in Japan (Allan Rejoso) Who can get camera's as well as video cameras. I have used him before. Everything went great!
Mr. AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:00 PM   #6

www.nightowlcameras.com is selling the FZ20 for $519. They are showing status as pre-order and a recommendation to call in for availability. Their reseller ratings are good but quantity of those rating is small. I've seen other forum comments regarding favorable experiences with nightowl, so I called to order. First of all, this must be the friendliest, most accomodating, zero pressure online site I've ever ordered from (and I've bought from B&H, Adorama, Newegg and Beach before).

Nightowl's shipdate from Panasonic was due last week and they were disappointed when it didn't arrive, they contactedPanasonic this morning (Tue.9/7) and were told they would have their stock absolutely no later than 9/20, but can reasonably expect it sooner.

Nightowl is honoring the $519 price on all pre-orders. Ground Shipping is a reasonable $8. If you phone in your order (see web site for the free (888) number), they will not charge your credit card until the item ships. I ordered today.

Bill
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 4:02 PM   #7

My order is still in good standing and to getan FZ20for only $519, I don't mind waiting another week or so. Actually played with one at Circuit City but $599 plus taxes means $650 and in my mind that justifies the wait at Nightowl. These guys are great, take a look below my signature at the courtesy email I received today. By the way, if I wanted to I could cancel with no penalty at all and in case your wondering their shipping is like $8. Also, this outfit is legit, they are Government Services Approved for many years.

HBill

=========================
Dear Valued Customer,

You are receiving this message because you have a reservation with us for the DMC-FZ15K or DMC-FZ20K.

We received word from a Panasonic representative last Friday. She said our first shipment of both the DMC-FZ15K and DMC-FZ20K will arrive in our warehouse by the end of September. The official release date is September 21st.

We are expecting enough to fill preorders so far. Your credit card will not be billed until your order is ready to ship.

Get back to us with any questions. Thank you for your patience.

Ken Osheim - Sales Manager
NightOwl Camera & GPS

http://www.nightowlcamera.com

http://www.nightowlgps.com

Toll Free (888)949-1748 or (831)462-8243; Fax (831) 462-8246
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote