Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1

So i've had my fz10 for 2 weeks now and like it alot, althought i must shake alot because hand held i still get blurry pictures , mostly with 6 to 12x zoom so it must be me, but anyways....

i've been waiting for 2 weeks for the pemaarall adapter tube to be available in black and it's still out of stock, i leave september 14th to croatia and i still don't have a tube or UV filter for my camera...

Should i just buy a 72mm fliter and stick it on the end of the hood to protect the lens?

And when is a hood not needed/needed? INdoor shoots hood on or off? outdoor any condition hood on?

Or just leave hood on always?

thanks for help

belz

I fear i might be too late to get an adapter tube from another manufacturer, as labor day is approaching.

Belz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

Hi Belz, maybe your IS isn't working? You should be able to see it working while framing when in mode 1. I always use mode 2 so I can see if I'm holding the camera steady enough, in mode 2 the IS is also slightly more effective.

Maybe you can buy another Pameraal adapter (and sell it later)or lend one for your trip, it will save you the $$ for buying a 72mm filter.

The 72mm filter can also create ghosting in your pictures as the distance between your lens and the filter is to great.

The 3d party adapters like the Pameraal can be fitted permanent on your FZ10, use a good quality multi-coated UV filter.

Regards, Klaas Bloem

Some of my pictures can be seen at:
http://klaas-bloem.fotopic.net/
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:42 AM   #3

that is what i thought about the ghosting thing you mentioned, i fear i might be too late to get an adapter for my trip.

Klaas, when do you use the hood? All outdoor shots bright light. i just took some shots outdoors last weekend in bright sunny conditions and all the pictures look bad, the histogram was in the middle of graph but very narrow invery high, what could have i done to fix this, i didn't use a hood.

i guess i will go on my trip without the adapter and a filter for now..

thanks klaas.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:00 PM   #4

Belz, I use the Phayee adapter and like it better then the Pemaraal. You can fit a 62mm filter to it and still have some shade from the front ring or order a petal lens hood for it. Shipping takes about 10 days. Here is the Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;fromMakeTrack

Regards, Klaas Bloem

Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:48 PM   #5

My hood is always on the camera, no need to remove it.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:15 PM   #6

again thanks, i will most likely order the payee adapter tonight, as i cannot wait any longer, and hopes it gets to my home in time before i leave for my trip, in the mean time i will go get a good UV filter 62mm for the adapter in my home town. Any make of UV filter milti coatedyou suggest.

later

for fast action Pictures do you have IS in mode 1 or MODE 2, in mode 2 i get a red icon in LCD telling me the camera is shaking too much with the number 2 over it, this is probably because i shake to much.

i was taking motorcycle racing pictures this past weekend and panning with the action and i think mode 2 created the blur? maybe!

later

Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:54 PM   #7

Hi Belz, you won't regret ordering the Phayee adapter, I hope it will arrive in time for your trip. I advise you to buy a multi-coated filter from a well known brand like Hoya, Tiffen or B&W.

I always use Mode 2 except for panning and when shooting from a tripod. The red dot is activated by a slow shutter speed, not by your shaking.

For panning there are 2 options:

Use the panning mode (little race car on your mode dial), the Horizontal IS is then turned off.

Turn IS off and work in manual mode or shutter priority to give you more control over the used shutter speed.

Panning is something you have to learn, follow the subject smoothly and gently push the shutter. If possible use manual focus and pre-focus on a subject at a same predicted distance as the moving subject in the scene.

Where can I see some of your work?

Regards, Klaas Bloem

Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:38 AM   #8

i don't have anything posted yet, perhaps when i get back from my trip. the payhee adapter is out of stock, so is the pemaraal, and yoshinda and raynox i don't care for plus i can't read the website. just got email back from seller he has it them i guess, i need to order this now and rush deliver it.

so if i understand you correctly in panning shots or any shots where i get a red camera symbol with red brackets around it and number 2 over it. The problem is to slow shutter speed. so i should go to shutter priority and make it faster?

i also bought last night a hoya multi coated uv filter.

later

Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:56 PM   #9

Belz wrote:
Quote:
so if i understand you correctly in panning shots or any shots where i get a red camera symbol with red brackets around it and number 2 over it. The problem is to slow shutter speed. so i should go to shutter priority and make it faster?

Mostly I just ignore it and the shot comes out fine. If you use the panning mode the camera tries to find a solution with a short shutter time for you.

For faster shutter speed innormal photography you can use shutter priority, manual mode, under exposure using a - EV setting (mine is always on -2/3 EV as the FZ10 tends to over exposure) or use a higher ISO speed like 100 in stead of 50
You can also try burst mode to increase your chancefor a good shot.
Good luck!

Regards, Klaas Bloem