Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:27 PM   #11

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The upgraded fz1 is essentally an fz2. Full fz2 manual (7.6mb pdf file in English) is at http://www.panasonic.ca/PDP/OperatingInstructions/dmcfz2ks-oi-eng.pdf
Fred
This manual says that you can adjust the blue and red balance in an FZ2, but I see no way to do thiswith myFZ1v.2. Am I missing something here?
nmastae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:37 AM   #12

Keep scrolling up on the button that adjusts EV and you'll see the white balance adjustment.

Don't remember if you need to be in "Manual White Balance" mode or not.

~peace~

Michael
mplishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:25 AM   #13

mplishka wrote:
Quote:
Keep scrolling up on the button that adjusts EV and you'll see the white balance adjustment.

Don't remember if you need to be in "Manual White Balance" mode or not.

~peace~

Michael
Michael,

I do see the white balance adjustments, no problem there. But is there a BLUE/RED adjustment in the FZ1v2, as in the FZ2 proper?

Mystified.

Jane
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:19 PM   #14

There are 2 ways to adust the color towards red or blue with the fz1v2. One is via Color Effect in the Menu. Warm is red; cool is blue. There is no + or - option there. The other is to be in any wb setting other than Auto and to have Color Effect OFF. Then you can toggle + or - red/blue using the up arrow on the toggle wheel. Press three times to get wb adjustment and then left or right to fine tune.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:40 PM   #15

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
There are 2 ways to adust the color towards red or blue with the fz1v2. One is via Color Effect in the Menu. Warm is red; cool is blue. There is no + or - option there. The other is to be in any wb setting other than Auto and to have Color Effect OFF. Then you can toggle + or - red/blue using the up arrow on the toggle wheel. Press three times to get wb adjustment and then left or right to fine tune.
Hey, Fred!

Thanks so much. That is exactly the answer I was looking for!

Best,

Jane
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:18 AM   #16

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The instructions I used indicated that the DCIM and MISC folders should be empty. I dont know if that is absolutely necessary but that is the recommended way and the way I did it.
I accidently upgraded using a card -- the 8 mbone that came with the camera -- that inadvertently had some photos in the DCIM and MISC folders (problem with my card reader, didn't realize they were still there). Even though the camera seems to be working okay, I'm freaking out that I may have damaged it. Anyone have any experience with this? (Eg. Would the camera just read the .bin file and ignore anything in folders, or sub-folders?)

Thanksso much for weighing in on this one!
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:39 PM   #17

Jane - Relax! I'm sure others have done the same thing. If your fz1v2 is working ok now it will continue to. No damage was done. Have fun.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:40 PM   #18

How do you copy the download from you computer into the sd card?

This is where I got stuck when I tried to upgrade.

I was told to use the same connection as when downloading pictures frommy sd card into the computer.

But I didn't see any command to send information the other direction, into the sd card from the computer.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:40 PM   #19

Mike, just do a drag and drop of the upgrade from your desktop onto your SD card if you are useing a card reader.
Bill
grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:12 PM   #20

Thanks but I do not have a card reader.

Just the camera and the computer.
zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote