Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 10, 2004, 7:03 AM   #1

:?

hi.

i'm very new in this forum, as new as to not have a camera yet - i wanted to buy the dmc-fz10, but people advised me to buy the newer fz20 instead.

but since i couln't find any good reviews about the fz20 - i thought i'd ask you guys - what do you think of the fz20 so far? is it really an improvement fron the fz10? what are the pros and cons?

and also, amazon is offering the fz20 in 500$, which seems quite cheap. is amazon a good website to order cameras and accessories from? so far i've only ordered books from them, and there's waaaaay less room for ruining them on delivery...

i'd really appreciate all the tips and advise you can give me.

thanks,

ella
ellusha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:01 AM   #2

I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies but just to chip in: Never bought a camera from Amazon, but I have bought loads of electronics and optics (equally sensitive things, that is), and have never had a problem either with customer service or with delivery.

As to pros and cons of FZ10 vs. FZ20, there are several threads further down that discuss just this. Most people seem to think the 20 improves much of what was irritating about the overwise excellent 10; but some are worried that boosting the CCD to 5mp will introduce extra noise.

I hope that helps.
hdburnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:58 PM   #3

600$. sorry.
and hdburnham - thanks for the summary. it's quite hard to read all the messages and form one coherent view...
ellusha2 is offline   Reply With Quote