Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:05 PM   #1

Since we have time to wait for the darn thing to get here, what are the pros and cons to the silver vs black? The silver looks great, but will it show scratches easier than the black? What are your opinions?:?

Sandy
gypsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:16 PM   #2

I tried not to obsess too much over the color since I only had the option to buy the black through Circuit City. My hunch is that silver will show wear and tear more and would be nearly impossible to touch up if scratched. Thus, my "choice" of black gives me a camera that looks more professional than fashionable and should stand up to a lot of use.

My 2 cents.:-)
Vandyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:53 PM   #3

I obsess about EVERYTHING, including the fz20! I began this particular obsession with the fz10 about the time the fz20 news broke. So, now I am waiting for my turn with the fz20. I wish I would have ordered from CC when it was $539. I check about three or four times a day to see if they are at the sale price. As soon as I finally get my fluzi, I'll start obsessing about the assessories. :lol:
gypsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:25 PM   #4

Try www.nightowlcamera.com or call Ken at 888.949.1748 $519
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:11 PM   #5

Looks good I'm going to check it out..I can in theory get one for $480 directly from Panasonic through a promotion with my employer, but they are all sold out. Local CC wants $599 which is ridiculous, but they have them in stock.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:05 AM   #6

Just got it in black. My friends are teasing me saying that it looks really "plasticky". I like the black, although you see dust on it about 5 minutes after taking it out of the box. The upside is, you will probably tend to wipe the dust more frequently, thereby keeping your camera clean.
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote