Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:22 PM   #1

Indoor w/flash, outdoor, zooms, macro. All straight out of the cam - no post processing.

http://jovos.smugmug.com/gallery/221364
jovos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:59 AM   #2

Liked your pics, and the quality. I am finding that the quality of the pics (colors, exposure etc.)from the fz20is not as good as my Olympus C-770. I bought the fz20 b/c of the image stabilizer and the af assist lamp, which the Olympus lacks.

Here are some pics that I took yesterday, if you are interested:

http://public.fotki.com/shakeyhands/...kes_manhattan/

shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:51 AM   #3

I recognize Forest Hills.

Some nice shots and interesting subjects. Looks like a cloudy day with lo contrast (which is supposed to be a good thing). To me, your pix could use a little more contrast and maybe a boost in saturation. I haven't taken any pix on a cloudy day yet but this gives me a heads up to try some in camera adjustments. If you have an image editing program you can try these adjustments in post processing to give you an idea of any settings you may want to change in the camera under certain shooting conditions.

My current settings are: auto WB, ISO 80, size 2560, quality fine, center weighted meter mode, 1 area focus, stabilizer mode 2, picture settings STD. I sometimes boost noise reduction if there is a lot of dark blue sky. To my eyes, increasing noise reduction doesn't soften the picture noticeably while reducing sharpness does soften it.

I am not a tripod kind of guy but I have been experimenting with a monopod (which can also serve as a walking stick).

John
jovos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:29 AM   #4

These shotswere straight out of the camera on purpose, w/no processing. I wanted to post on a couple of forums and to a friend in India who was interested in the camera. After that shoot I decided to increase the noise reduction, it also suggests it in the manual. Good call about increasing saturation. I am just a little upset b/c my Olympus 770 seems to take better pictures right out of the camera. I assume it is just a learning curve with this thing. Thanks for the advice!
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote