Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:58 PM   #1

Hi all,

I have been comparing my FZ20 to my Olympus C-770, aside from the picture quality being higher with the Olympus (which I am very upset about), I also noticed that my 4 megapixel Olympus files are larger than my FZ20 files. For example, I took a pic w/the 770 and the file size was 2.722 megabytes. I took the identical picture with the FZ20 and the file size was 2.052 megabytes. Most of my FZ20 pics are approx. 1.8 mb, is this normal. For one thing the Olympus is a 4mp camera, and the FZ20 a 5mp. I have the FZ20 set on the highest quality jpeg, with the largest picture size (2560). Is there something that I am missing. Is this why my Olympus pics seem to be sharper with better color saturation???
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2

How noticeable is the difference in quality? Perhaps you could post the two pics so we can compare?

Thanks.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:24 PM   #3

My work schedule has been hectic, lately, but I definitely want to run a side by side comparison. And are everyone's files just under 2mb? Using the highest jpg quality? I hope to post my tests this weekend.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:29 PM   #4

of course, this has nothing to do with the FZ20...but my 4mp G2 files normally range from 800kb to 1.5mb (large superfine)

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:41 AM   #5

it actually does make me feel a little better. Thanx Vito!