Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:11 AM   #1

Thanks to all who have posted information on the Panasonic FZ series cameras. This has been a difficult decision, and I've spent hours reviewing the Z3 and other cameras in the $500 range.

I've just ordered my FZ20, and expect it to ship around 9/20-9/21. :-) I wound up getting the silver, just because I like the way it looks...and it wsa the only model available from my source. I also read a post by Steve about some stadiums not allowing black "pro" looking cameras in.

Anyway, now I need to get a case and an SD Card. Does the speed of the SD cards (SanDisk regular vs. Ultra II) make a huge difference, or does it depend on if the camera interface utilizes the higher speed xfer modes?

Also, is the neutral lense cap that Panasonic offers for this camera worth it to protect the lense?

Thanks again for all of the posts, comments/etc. on this board.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2

Will you please post where you ordered your fluzi from?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks, Sandy
gypsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:20 PM   #3

gypsea wrote:
Quote:
Will you please post where you ordered your fluzi from?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks, Sandy
I was able to order the camera through the employee purchase program at Panasonic, through an affiliation with the company I work for. The price is just a few bucks shy of the $519 that I've seen discussed around this forum at nightowl camera.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 9:51 AM   #4

Thanks for the info! I think I want to order the silver also. I don't know much about sd cards yet, but I ordered a Kingston 256 from ecost for $24.99 w/a $10 rebate. I think now it's being offered with a $15 rebate. You might check out their web site. I don't even have a camera yet, but I wanted to start picking up accessories as I can. Now, I'm just waiting for the fz20 to be available at a discount from the MSRP.

Anyway, have fun with your new fluzi!

Sandy
gypsea is offline   Reply With Quote