Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:42 PM   #11

I just ordered the LTZ10 last Friday and got it yesterday (Thursday). The lens was shipped perfectly, looks great, just took a few test shots. I have also bought the protective filter from panasonic from them and I have had no problems with them. I was a bit hesitant to buy a $400+ lens from a company that I didn't know, but I spoke with them over the phone and they reassured me, they were right!
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:03 PM   #12

Shakeyhands,

Do you have any other of the TC's also, that many are using on the FZ10 & 20 ??
If so, you can provide a great service for many readers and post a few comparison shots with the LTZ10 (same time, place, settings, no pp - right from the camera) when you have a chance.

Thanks.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:37 PM   #13

you know, I have the TCON-17 from Olympus, and I saw on one of those sites (maybe Raynox) will be making a step-down ring for it, but it wasn't out yet.. If anyone knows a way that I can connect my TCON-17 to my FZ-20, I would be happy to run a comparison test.
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 4:21 AM   #14

Does anyone know if the Panasonic Tele-Converter DMW-LTZ10 is available in Australia.

I have emailed Panasonic but no answer yet. Are there any overseas companies shipping the lens to Australia.

I would like to purchase it.

Thanks and cheers always from downunder:?
JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:56 AM   #15
RDV

shakey hands wrote:
Quote:
you know, I have the TCON-17 from Olympus, and I saw on one of those sites (maybe Raynox) will be making a step-down ring for it, but it wasn't out yet.. If anyone knows a way that I can connect my TCON-17 to my FZ-20, I would be happy to run a comparison test.

Look in the first post on this forum for the answer to your queation. Have a good day.
RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:35 PM   #16

shakey hands wrote:
Quote:

This may be what you are talking about

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...panasonic.html

You may also need a step up ring 52 to 55mm, one came with the adapter when I bought it but I am not sure it still does.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product_main/sur.html

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:50 AM   #17

i bought this lens from panosonic a few months a go ,its a great lens it dose not have any threads for filters but comes with a protetive cover for both ends it also comes with a metal adapter that holds the lens and camara so that it can be placed on a tripod ,i ordered direct over the phone ,they have a toll free number 1-800-272-7033,for product info and for purchasing 1-800-332-5368 ,i called a few times and they are very helpfull and friendly mon-fri 8:30am-8pm EST,ITS EXPENSIVE BUT I AM HAPPY I GOT IT
bodybybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:39 AM   #18

Who did you purchase the lens off bodybybob

Thank you
JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:23 PM   #19

I just found out that my backordered DMW-LTZ10 lens was shipped this morning. I can not wait to get it. It took 4 weeks,but I feel it was worth the wait after all the good things written and said about it.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:15 AM   #20

the phone numbers i posted are the panosonic comp.and i placed the order with them ,if i remember correctly i got the lens in about three weeks,i also used the digatal tele on a few shots ,it brings you up to 1600mm(unbelieveable)there is some noise but if you dont go above a 8 by 10 print even though there is some noise ,it dosent bother me that much,also as soon as i get a chance i will visit one of the large camara stores in man.n.y.(thats where i live)and i am sure they have something that maybe snaps on in terms of a uv filter ,although as soon as i take a photo i place the protective cover on the lens and only take it off to take a photo,,it is a big lens ,but not anywhere as big as some of the film telephoto lens
bodybybob is offline   Reply With Quote