Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:22 PM   #1

Does anyone have the DMW-LTZ10 Teleconversion Lens? I am planning to add a teleconversion lens to my FZ10.

I have read reviewsand comparisonsof the olympus, sony, raynox, cannon, etc., but have not seen anything on the panasonic.

I like the idea of using a lens designed for the camera, but don't want to spend that much money if it is not any better than say....the tcon-14B (about the same mag). I also think it comes with a support system to mount on a tripod. Is this correct?

Panasonic's website gives no information (typical). Cansomeone give me someinformation on or their experience with this lens?.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2004, 3:40 PM   #2

Rookie,

Check out posts by normcar. He has one and is very happy with it despite the price.

I personally have the TCON-14B and like it. It could be a little sharper at the edges, but otherwise it works well and was only about $150.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 4:55 PM   #3

Thanks srvsd. I reviewed past posts and really like this lens. Is normcar still part of these forums?

I am also interested in knowing whether or not I can put a UV filter on the end of the DMW-LTZ10.Does the lens have threads? what size? 72 mm?

I really wish there was more infofor this lens on the website.

Old Sep 21, 2004, 9:47 PM   #4

I checked out this lens last month and it has no thread. For it's price I think I would have at least like to put a protective filter on it.

I would be interested to see any moon shots using the DMW-LTZ10if anyone has available
Jawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 8:27 AM   #5

I found some info on the panasonic websitein the DMC-FZ10 Shooting Guide http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...z10/index.html.Look forthe Shooting Manual graphic and click on it. It says, "TheFZ10also maintains F2.8 brightness even with the conversion lens mounted".

I believe the tcon-14b allows the most light in of all the conversion lens I have seen reviewedon Shene's pages and Pemaraal Online.But does it also maintain F2.8 brightness like the panasonic?
Old Sep 22, 2004, 1:48 PM   #6

www.Videodirect.com has the LTZ10 showing in stock for $429.95 with free shipping. It's the only place I could find one discounted.
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 5:10 PM   #7

Thanks hbillsmith. Do you know if they are they a reputable company?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 12:01 PM   #8

Here is their rating.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1706.html
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:12 AM   #9

Not a very good rating for 2004. Looked like they were better in 2001.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:57 AM   #10

I seem to remember reading that the LTZ10 is even difficult to get from Panasonic at the present time. Don't remember where I saw that though.
So, *IF* videodirect has it in stock for immediate shipping (and that might be a big if, judging from some of the customer reviews), they may be the "only game in town" as the saying goes. And cheaper than Panasonic. (Pana's prices always seem to be 'sonic'; 'sky-high'.)
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote