Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 7, 2004, 2:05 AM   #61

Took me a long time to respond but back on page one I stated I liked the fz10 over the fz20 and was asked why. I had the fz20 less than a week and hadn't yet reached that super comfort level as with the 10. Changed my mind. The 20 rocks and is number one. Crisper pics and a better ability to freeze action. I just make a decision never to go above 100 ISO and preferably not over 80. Usually if it can't be done at 80 with the fz20 I haul out my tripod or a different camera altogether.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:10 AM   #62
Fox

I found some pics from the FZ15 here http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/230718/2

I have not seen many out there and thought you all might like to see a few. EXIF info if you click the more info link at the bottom of each image.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 1:55 PM   #63

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
Took me a long time to respond but back on page one I stated I liked the fz10 over the fz20 and was asked why. I had the fz20 less than a week and hadn't yet reached that super comfort level as with the 10. Changed my mind. The 20 rocks and is number one. Crisper pics and a better ability to freeze action. I just make a decision never to go above 100 ISO and preferably not over 80. Usually if it can't be done at 80 with the fz20 I haul out my tripod or a different camera altogether.

Suzan
Since you own and have used both cameras, perhaps you could help us to settle this issue of the FZ10 having better image quality than the FZ20. It has been said that the FZ20 is MUCH NOISIER than the FZ10, due to its 5 Mpx. What do you think about it? Have you made tests using both cameras with the same settings to take the same picture and comparing them? Perhaps you could post them here if you have.

Thanks a lot.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 4:51 PM   #64

:|Here's a bird shot with a FZ 20
Attached Images

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:20 PM   #65

What a strange specimen.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:13 PM   #66

Wasp...

FZ20

Macro handheld.

bobc

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:15 PM   #67

Spider...

FZ20

Macro Hand Held

bobc
Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:05 PM   #68

:blah: Fz1-2. Y don'need more.Y am very happy with this one.Sorry for my poor english.
cocoliso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 8:47 PM   #69
Fox

Nice pics Bob and Nooner!
Well I did it. I now am the happy owner of a FZ15. I was going for the 20 but wanted to get my daughter a smaller camera as well and couldn't swing both. I love the look and feel of this camera, It's just beautiful! I got a UV filter and 72mm cap as well. BTW the lens caps are on sale at Ritz camera. I think they are $1.99 now.
Time to get back and play with the camera:|
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:26 PM   #70

Fox wrote:
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the replies and thank you Zoomn for the beautiful pictures.

So the FZ 15 can do the video thing with audio? Can anyone confirm this? Does it come in black?

I noticed that on Panasonic's site it said that the memory card affected how fast you could take pictures. If this is so, what card do you FZ users use. Who makes the fastest card for the money? Is the Panasonic better than the rest?
Last question for tonight. Do you feel that the price of the FZ 15 & 20 will hold till Christmas go up or go down? I know things like this are hard to say. I was just looking for some other opinions.

Sorry for so many questions. I'm sure I'll have more later :?
Have a great weekend!!

Not sure if it was answered yet. I use a 512 MB Transcend card for my FZ-10.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote