Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:43 PM   #1

Played around a bit with my FZ20 this weekend, I really enjoy using the camera so far. Was limited though with my 16 MB SD card...just received my 512 MB!

Anyway, it was very, very sunny this weekend. When I was taking pictures of the kids running around, I occasionally saw vertical white lines show up on/off occasionally in the EVF up and down the entire height of the display. I didn't take any pictures when I saw that, so don't know if they would appear in the picture. Seemed to happen when I got some glare from the sun in the lense, perhaps, or when light was reflected off of white t-shirts. The lines (typically 1-2 would show up) seemed to be go through very bright objects.

I didn't see this persistently, and haven't tried duplicating..just wondering if anyone else has seen this in very bright light.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:50 PM   #2

I own a FZ1->2 and about three months down the line after using it I started to notice the same thing. I send it to panasonic for it to be repaired and they send it back saying that they can't do anything about it. I was very disappointed that panasonic could not fix the problem because my camera was practically brand new.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 3:36 PM   #3

In my case, I didn't see it that much... just when looking at some very bright objects, so bright I would not snap a picture anyhow... and it was more of an annoyance than anything, so I'm not that concerned about it, but was just wondering if others had experienced the same problem with this line of cameras.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:23 PM   #4

The vertical lines shown on EVF/LCD under bright light source are "normal". This happens to my FZ10 as well. Try pointing the camera to a light bulb and you can see the same effect. Fortunately the vertical lines won't show up in the photos, so don't worry too much. :-)
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:04 PM   #5

It could be the lens reflection or lens flare
donkuok is offline   Reply With Quote