Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:36 PM   #11

Thanks Jim,

I found Lin and read this thread. VERY interesting! My FZ20 is still 'on the road' and not in my hands yet, but was very interested in the comparisons with Canon DSLRs. I shoot w/ a 1D usually, so this thread had particular relevance to me. I guess you had already figured that out. Thanks so much for the link. Gotta go now and take a look at some of those elk shots.

Beth
cokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:57 PM   #12

Hi Beth,

My name is Bob. I am pretty new here as well. In fact I am new to photography and Digital Cameras too. I am a Software Developer by trade, and just got the erge to get a digicam. I bought and returned 3 cameras before getting the FZ20. This is a great camera with a great lense.

Speaking of lenses... Read the posts under Panasonic >> When Is A Leica Not A Leica... You'll get a kick out of it. This person is so obsessed with weather this lense was some kind of secret consperacy or something. It's kinda funny.

But anyway, welcome aboard...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 8:37 AM   #13

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Hi Beth,

My name is Bob. I am pretty new here as well. In fact I am new to photography and Digital Cameras too. I am a Software Developer by trade, and just got the erge to get a digicam. I bought and returned 3 cameras before getting the FZ20. This is a great camera with a great lense.

Speaking of lenses... Read the posts under Panasonic >> When Is A Leica Not A Leica... You'll get a kick out of it. This person is so obsessed with weather this lense was some kind of secret consperacy or something. It's kinda funny.

But anyway, welcome aboard...

bobc
Hi BobC,

How long have you had the FZ20? What shortcomings have you found? What strengths?

Yes, I read the Leice thread too. My brother pointed out that the lens that I so covetted was made in Japan, not Germany. I don't know that it matters as long as Leica has input in the process. All I care is that the quality that Leica is known for is there! I think my camera arrives on Friday. Can't wait!

Beth
Old Sep 28, 2004, 6:44 PM   #14

I have had it for a little over 2 weeks.

Strengths:

Focuses on just about anything in just about any lighting, great lense, great features, built well (does not feel cheap like many of the others), takes great pictures, great zoom, good battery life (still should have a spare), and great for just about any type of shooting.

To me, it's the best one out there in the price range, but I am far from an expert.

Weakness's:

The only one I know for sure is me not knowing that much about shooting yet.

I would like to hear your thoughts when you get yours.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:09 PM   #15

Thanks Bob,

I will share when I have had a few days to play. The camera is scheduled to arrive on Friday. That will give me Saturday and Sunday to check it out!

Can't wait!

BEth