Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 4, 2004, 3:03 AM   #11

snaphappy1 wrote:
Quote:
Fireworkz, I think you made a wise choice.
Where did you order your new FZ20 from? I am also in Ontario and was afraid that I'd have to wait ages for this camera to be available in Canada. I am happy to hear that this is not the case! Would you mind telling me what store you have ordered it from and what the cost was? Thanks!
Snaphappy1
Hi Thks for the Info.
Yup I ordered my FZ20 from this guy on Ebay.ca ProDigital200 - Seems a good deal..However I didnt buy it on ebay but over the Phone order.. It should be available sometime next week.. The deal offers a 256MB card too.. and of course Canadian Warranty.. I believe after GST+PST taxes its C$1017.00 Cam+SD Card 256and reader..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW

I checked out Henrys, and some others but they were more expensive.. However if you use Equilease (they are the guys for leasing cams from Henrys then go to http://www.equilease.com/index2.html )..

Hope that helped..

I have to say I was darn near to buy a Z3 from a guy here in toronto for C$640.00 incl of tax..and not even a grey import. But thanks to the reviews of the FZ20 and also Pics I saw on Pbase.com I was won over by the Panasonic.

Take Care,

Fireworkz

fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:11 PM   #12
al1

I went in a store to compare their little brothers, as both were not yet available over here.

the fz 3 looks funny, but is very small, light, as a matter of fact it looks to me much more like a toy.

on the other hand the panasonic is heavier. butlook much more professional.

it holds in hand comfortably, and you can focus and shoot easily without too much hand shake ( which is not a problem with the ois though )

read all the infos steve and, among users, jim zimor others have written.

and as i did order the fz20 without fear.

alain
al1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:11 PM   #13

Hi fireworkz. I ordered my FZ20 from prodigital2000 also! Same deal you mentioned. I ordered it on Ebay . I called them up at their storefront (in Stratford) to find out when they were expecting their shipment and they told me hopefully by Friday (Oct. 15th) or Monday at the latest. They are still not in and I am getting a bit impatient! Have you heard anything yet? I call them every day to see if their shipment came in and they tell me it hasn't and that they have put calls in to Panasonic and have not heard back from them yet. I called up Panasonic in Mississauga and they say that they have had the camera's in for about 2 wks and that the store should get their order soon. I am a little nervous because this is the first large purchase I have done on the internet/Ebay. I checked out their website (Carmen's photo source) and they do seem to be on the up and up so I am probably stressing for nothing but I am so darn anxious to get my camera! This waiting is killing me! You watch, they will probably come in on Friday and then I'll have to wait over the weekend before they can ship them out. Then there is another 2 days for delivery!

Snaphappy1
snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:36 AM   #14

@Snaphappy1 .. I returned your PM..
Also they send via UPS next day delivery I believe..

Brgds
FIreworkz

fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:08 AM   #15

Thanks fireworks, I received your email. I guess I just need to exercise more patience! Glad to hear that they use UPS next day delivery though!

Snaphappy1
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:50 AM   #16

Called up prodigital2000 (Carmen's Foto Source) today and they did receive the FZ20's yesterday! FINALLY! I still have not received my email with shipping and tracking info yet though. I called them up and gave them my info and they are looking into it and will call me back this morning! Sure hope it's on it's way!

Snaphappy1
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:43 PM   #17

It's on it's way!!!!!!!!!! I finally got my tracking info and it should be here no later than 5pm tomorrow! Now I am wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow and could spend the day playing with my new camera!

Fireworkz, did your's come today? What do you think of it so far?

Snaphappy1
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:28 AM   #18

I just pruchased an FZ20 after seriously considering a Nikon D70. I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 4500 and love the pictures it takes. However, I wanted something with tele and image stabalization. After having the FZ20 for less than 36 hours I am amazed at the pictures. I have included a Macro I took while I was fiddling around with the features. I just happened to have a tarantula in my classroom. (A gift from the cross country team on their recent trip to the Bay Area near San Francisco.) So I took a few pics. (See My Tarantula Picture in the Close Ups Forum ;0) )

If you are considering this camera I have only one thing to say. "What the heck are you waiting for?" You won't regret it for a second.

P.S. Still having over $800 in my pocket by not getting the D70 is nice too.

Smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote