Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 1, 2004, 6:33 AM   #1

As is the case with the camera itself, the recommended Battery Pack Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B is not yet available in Australia, and some dealers are offering the Panasonic CGA-S002E-1B as a compatible alternative.

Can SKP explain in what way they differ and whether or not I shopuld hold off until the recommended pack is available here?
NormBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2004, 7:22 AM   #2

NormBut

you can get FZ10 / 20 same batterys from battery barn which is listed here in the FZ10 user guide

http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/

Iboughta batteryfrom them.. US to UK.. with no problems they last longer too

btw re the fz10 case post

"I might await the efforts of a translator."

whats that mean ?

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:04 AM   #3

Thanks for the battery info - it seems that may be the bestway to go.

The translator bit was a reference to my earlier post which inter alia said:

"I have also read in the posts queries as to where to get a compatible case for it. A day or so of "Googling" has revealed that there appears to be a case designed specifically for the FZ-20 but is available only in Japan. The product name/number is Panasonic DMW-CZS20. I'm afraid my Japanese did not run to being able to translate the description, specifications or features from the Japanese Panasonic website, but I daresay someone out there could help out."

Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:30 AM   #4

Having re-read my first post - and digested Jayde's response - I realise I didn't make it very clear that I was looking to find out whether theBattery Pack for the FZ-10 (Panasonic CGA-S002E-1B ) was an acceptable alternative to that recommended for the FZ-20 (Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B) which, like the camera itself, is not yet available in Australia.

And could some SKP explain in what way they differ and whether or not I should hold off until the recommended pack is available here?

Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:32 AM   #5

NormBut,

I've looked at the Panasonic USA and Panasonic Australia sites and believe the difference in battery part numbers only reflects the intended distribution area. All specifications otherwise match identically.

CGA-S002E-1B is for the European distribution channel
CGA-S002A/1B is the the North American channel

Please understand I that I realize that Australia is not in Europe

There was a thread here a long time ago questioning the different part numbers for the FZ10 camera itself. It turned out then that the numbers reflected distribution areas and nothing more.

Dick
rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:34 PM   #6

FZ10 and 20 use the same batterys, i forgot to say that.. solly guyz..

Iuse a op tech tightneporene cover + wrist strap andthen into a cheep backpackwith the rest..beers etc..:-)

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 1:50 AM   #7

Thanks to you both, Dick and Jayde, for the information on the battery. Without it I'd have been thinking I had to import the CGA-S002A/1B rather than buy the CGA-S002E-1Bwhich is already available for FZ-10 users. You've saved mea deal of worry. Thanks again.

As far as the case is concerned, I might wait until the camera is actually in my hands and then check it physically against what's available in Australia (which I'm delighted to hear is not part of Europe).

Norm