Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:05 AM   #11

Thanks for the comments!

Being new to all this, most of the photos I've been taking were experimentalshots (explains the reason for the many pics :-)) to better understand the camera. I first took the photo on the provided Night mode and noticed it added a bit too much of a red tint to the skyline.

I then played around with the Shutter Priority mode taking the same shot with different shutter speeds. I found the 1/1.3 setting works best for this image....withf2.8 of course, full optical zoom, & camera on a tripod.
nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:30 AM   #12

Heh...this is the reverse view of my shot of Atlanta when I was at DragonCon..if You'd purchased this sooner, I'd wonder if we didn't snap eachother at the same time! :?

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the picture now...but as soon as I do..I'll post it here.

FZFUN
FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:33 PM   #13

That would be definitely cool!...to see Atlanta's night skyline from a different angle. I guess you took your shot from the South? I took mine from the Northside (around the GA400 & I-285 intersection). I have some nice night shots of the Concourse King & Queen building too from the same location.

Quote:
"You'd purchased this sooner, I'd wonder if we didn't snap eachother at the same time! :?"
Yeah, with an ultra ultra ultra....zoom night visioned capable lens!! :G

nhan is offline   Reply With Quote