Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:59 PM   #1

I can't seem to figure this one out.

If I attach a flash reflector to the hotshoe, it automatically detect i am using an external flash. If I disable it, but have the internal flash popup, that won't flash. How do I enable the internal flash, while being able to use this reflector on it?

It is an attachment that came with the Nikon SU-4 slave controller

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2004, 12:53 PM   #2

Hi!

You can't enable the internal flash until the external hot-shoe is in use. Because a switch inside the hot-shoe, and it will tell the cam, that external flash is mounted, so internal flash can't be opened, and work - but you use slave controller, the cam won't know it isjust a controller or a flash unit. You choose the menu - flash disabled, so why should work the internal?

KTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 6:03 PM   #3

Actually I did this and seems to work.

I attached the SU-4 to my Nikon 28DX. On the Panasonic, popup the internal flash.

Attach the reflector to the hotshoe 1/2 way so it won't activate the external flash component. Take the picture, works great.

Basically, the reflector piece I am talking about is just a white piece of plastic that cover infront of the internal flash, so the glare of the shot won't be too direct and overwhelming.

It make the picture look more of a soft light burst, rather than a bright light burst in the image.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote