Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 7, 2004, 5:04 PM   #1
hbh

Hi folks

I have a Nikon F90 FX and I make slices with 100 Iso. Really a world of sharpness, especially scanned with my Coolscan. Anyway I like the comfort of the digital cameras and are considering to buy a FZ20 after a comparism with the D70 (too heavy) and the Canon Powershot Pro 1 (8 MP but loosy plastic winding). Before I buy a new flash can somebody tell me if I can use my SS28 with that camera?
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2004, 6:04 PM   #2

You mean the Nikon SB28? That will work on the Panasonic. I am using the Nikon SB-28DX with it now
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 3:31 PM   #3
hbh

smilepak wrote:
Quote:
You mean the Nikon SB28? That will work on the Panasonic. I am using the Nikon SB-28DX with it now
:|Can I also use the special features of this flash or it is only a simple flash on this camera? I would be glad if you could give me some additional informations.

Thanks!
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 4:25 PM   #4

Nope. The panasonic hotshoe is just a standard one. So when you use the flash, it has to be in manual mode. You could manually set the ISO, A, etc on it and use it no problem and pictures will come out great

No matter what flash you buy even if you buy the panasonic flash, you will not be able to use TTL on it
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote