Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:54 AM   #1

Weekend are my only chance to take pics.....here are these weekend attempts......

Appreciate any comments. 1 and 2 are the same pics...which composition do you prefer? Any comments on the rest are deeply appreciated...

#3 Small insect

#4 Check my.....!

#5 Cute one

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2004, 2:51 PM   #2
hbh

Can you tell us the technical specifications? I like your photos very much also the way set them in scene.
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 4:19 PM   #3

All the pics are really nice.. I like the golden tinge the insect has on its body.. nice..
Brgds..Fireworkz
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 6:53 PM   #4

Well, in one of the pics you broke your own rule for macro shots... you're not focusing the bug's eyes!

Good macros, as usual.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:28 PM   #5

i really like those photos. i have been out and about trying to get good macro shots of insects but just dont seem able to cut it. I'm usually out of focus or things just dont seem right.
What settings did you use for these? Is it the FZ10 or 20 you have?

thanks for sharing m8.
hehehemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:36 PM   #6

Guys thanks for the kind comments.....

I am using the FZ10 with 2 close up lens stacked together.....the Nikon 6T and the Sigma Achromatic close up. Taken with external flash FL28, with homemade bounce flash. Working distance is about 19 cm.

Settings are ISO 50, F8, 1/125 or 1/60 for the green insect. All taken in MANUAL mode in Manual focus.

The cute bug was taken in Apeture mode.

Focusing is a hit and miss. I put to manual focus and depress the shutter half way. I move my body...or rather sway my body until I see or think that it is in focus....i.e. move my whole body in and out until the subject appears sharp, and depress all the way.....sometimes it is blur (cos of the dark evf cannot see) sometimes its spot on, sometimes its the wrong part in focus....e.g. the bum shot of the fly. Had taken 90 over pics for the above series......

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote