Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:02 PM   #1

I have noticed that the Panasonic FZ20 is a 38mm to 432mm camera whereas the FZ10 is a 35mm to 432mm camera. I wonder if any of the new owners have noticed a difference in the application of the zoom. It would not seem like much until a converter is used then it could make a difference. I have started to use a Raynox DCR-2020PRO 2.2X on my FZ10 for 924mm with what I think are good results or am I pushing things to far? The stabilization seems to work.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:03 PM   #2

What shutter spead do you use with the converter at max zoom?
Bill
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:05 PM   #3

This was taken with the zoom and hand held with stabilization on.

Attached Images

Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:39 PM   #4

So far I have been just using auto and experiementing with spot focus. I walk down a road in a woods to a small lake. Lake shots have been the best as it has the better light and greater distance. In the woods I am all the way down to 1/30 and while some of these look ok on the LCD the best ones are with the spot on a bright leaf. I have a Canon 1.4x and the Olympus B-300. I like the Canon the best as it is easy to carry and has the most useful range in zooming. If you ask me how sharp the Raynox is I will wait a little bit. So far at max it is not bad considering that 26+ is an awful lot and it will focus. I am going to put it on my Canon Pro90 tomorrow. The woods always has areas of bright color within dark shadow and lots of contrast. The Raynox lens did very well with these. Will see what the Pro90 will do?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote