Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:43 AM   #11
Fox

shaky hands, Have you considered the possibility that your FZ20 might be defective? I have had my FZ15 for less than 24 hours, I read the manual one time through and then went outside and took a few pics of my kids. All I can say is WOW! I took most the shoots from about 12 to 20 feet away. (Kids like to move) The detail was nothing short of amazing. (Yes, some of my pic didn't come out but that was my fault) I could even see some sand that had gotten in my sons hair. As I said before, Maybe your camera is defective or maybe you are used to looking at pictures shot with $6000 + camera's I don't know. But for me this camera is wonderful, not perfect but wonderful!
Like Nick said, Lin didn't seem to pick up on this problem you mentioned and he has been shooting for many, many years and works with some big $ cameras. I hope you can find out what is wrong with your FZ so you can enjoy it as much as the rest of the people on this board do.

I do have a question for you. Would you mind posting the e-mail that Panasonic sent to you. I would love to see those.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:53 AM   #12

ANYBODY who knowswhat they're doing with a digital camera, would not shoot with maximum sharpness. That's best left to USM in PS. That's why I would pour a liberal amount of salt on this post.
BobsterLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:07 AM   #13

shaky hands,

Are You For Real?

You have been in this for 20 years?

The first thing you need to do (as soon as possible), is start a new career. And please make it something that you are good at.

Your post is total nonsence. We have been looking at samples and going to sites that compare this camera to others, and we know about the minor problems...

Like a bit more noise, and the LCD darkness (which can be worked around).

WE DO NOT NEED PROOF!!!

WE HAVE ALL THE PROOF WE NEED!!!

We have been viewing and comparing pictures of just about anything that you can possibly take pictures of (including the human form). This camera focuses better and faster than any of the others I have owned.

If you did post your so called proof... I would not believe it anyway, because it would probably be a bunch of purposly botched pics.

I have saw and read all the proof I need about this camera. And being the owner of one, I just don't know what you could possibly be talking about.

You where in here a while back complaining about everything to do with this camera, and as I told you then... Sell it on ebay, and get a different camera...

The only lagitimate conclusion that I can come to on this is that you had a bad experience with Panasonic as a child... Or... The camera that you have is defective... Or... You dropped your camera and knocked something out of wack.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:18 AM   #14

I have personally used this camera also, and I would like all of you to take a look at Steve's sample photos page on this review. There are three portraits ("Human Form")that lookgreat.I especially like the"Ambient light" shot.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...0_samples.html

Take a look and see for yourself.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:34 AM   #15

I have shot the human form, plus several animals and all my photos look superb. My feeling is that you are a troll for another camera company. With the new FZ 20, the other camera makers are beginning to feel the heat, particulary Nikon which has a lot of junk on the market right now. Of course, the Dimage Z3 is very noisy and has some of the problems you've described and attributed to Panasonic.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:36 AM   #16
Administrator

Thanks for the laugh SHAKEY -- I needed that on a Monday morning!

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:42 AM   #17

I am also very close to buying this camera. Everything I have read and seen about it has been great. Sure, it's not perfect but no camera is! Like someone else said, if this guy had $2,000.00 to spend on this camera and all the 'extras' , why didn't he just go out and buy a Digital SLR if he is such a professional photographer as he claims to be. I think that for the price, this camera is one of the best. If you are expecting to get the same results from it as you would from a $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 dollar camera you are going to be dissapointed no matter how you look at it.

For me, the FZ20 sounds like a great fit and as soon as I have the funds, I will be going out and buying it ! I saw this link to a great website done by a very happy FZ20 owner and found it very informative. Here is the link in case others care to read more on the FZ20. There are some wonderful examples of the amazing zoom capabilities of this camera on the site. http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Pana..._DMC-FZ20.html

Snaphappy1
snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:52 AM   #18

Sure, it has it's problems... noise being the biggest.

But I run 1600x1200 for my desktop on a 21" monitor and use ACDSee and it resizes images to "Best Fit" as my viewer and I don't see much noise when viewing sample images really. And I printed out an 8x10 on an HP 5550 inkjet printer on glossy photo paper and the noise wasn't a factor then either.

So, for half the price of the only camera I consider to be in the FZ20's class (the Nikon CP 8800), you get one hell of a camera.

I think the FZ10 or FZ20 is a great camera for most enthusiasts.. one of the best out there if you're looking for big zoom. Would a professional photographer use one? Of course not. I'm surprised that you've made it 20 years in the photography business if you're buying cameras like the FZ20 for real photography work. :roll:

uscboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:41 PM   #19

I wonder if there is any truth, that Panasonic is trying to shut shakey hands up.

I just herd a rumor that they found him in a ditch with his FZ20 with the Zoom lens attached sticking out of his butt.

When they uploaded from the memory card, all they got was a close up of a colen (the human kind). They said the shot was very sharp, a little grainy, but very clear.

They say he will recover, but refuses to comment on anything to do with Panasonic.

shakey hands... We are sorry... We believe you now... Get well soon...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:48 PM   #20
Fox

BobC, That's a good one. I can't stop laughing:G
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote