Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 12, 2004, 7:17 PM   #1

The FZ3 will do all I'm hoping for, I think. I've been pleased with my 4-year old Casio QV-3000 but want more zoom capability for someupcoming wild animal shoots so this camera seems ideal.

I also want to do occasional group shots where a wider angle lens will be useful. Has anyone experience with adding a .5wide angle to this camera? is the zoom threaded for attachments or is the suppliedadaptor for the sun hood stable enough to hold an add-on lens? What lens do you recommend?

Thanks for your advice!

Pat from Denver

Patc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2004, 9:02 PM   #2

A .5x wa converter is going to give you almost a fish eye effec and probably wouldn't be good for group shots though it can work well for landscapes or interiors. The raynox dcr5000 is a .5x wa with a 52mm thread. The raynox dcr720 is a .72x wa (also 52mm) and works better though there is some softness at the corners, some of which is caused by not getting the walens close enough to the camera lens due to the step ring thickness. I tried the drc720 with the fz20 and the raynox rt5264p adapter which is 52mm and doesn't require a step ring. The corners were a lot better. See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=8748963for fz1 comparisons of the dcr770 and dcr5000. The fz3 will react the same.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:23 AM   #3

Patc

The FZ3 will not take addon lensonly filters, you need a FZ10- 20 or new 15..

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...cessories.html

also see ..other models and features here

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:41 PM   #4

Jayde wrote:
Quote:
The FZ3 will not take addon lens only filters
While it is true that the plastic adapter is not a good support for heavy teleconverter lens such as the tcon17, the plastic 55mm thread should hold lighter lens such as the dcr720 wa or the canon tl-55 tele without any trouble.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote