Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:46 PM   #1

Hi All.

Thanks Jayde for the info on nodal points, saves a lot of fiddling.

Now

As the FZ10 does not have a focus lock as such, I'm interested on how one goes about setting the focus whilst taking pano's. Would say, refocusing on the first frame for the second and on the second for the third and so on be a decent idea?

or, perhaps using the same focusas the first frame for all the subsequent ones?.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Malcolm
Callum Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:28 AM   #2

Funny, I use a focus lock all the time on my FZ10. There's a switch on the left side of the lens that chooses manual focusing... that's your focus lock when it's in manual. To focus, just flick the switch up in the opposite direction from continuous auto focus, and it'll focus on whatever is in the middle of the frame.
BobsterLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:14 AM   #3

Ah But --- The idea when taking panos is that the same focus is used for all the shots that go to make the final pic. My previous Oly c700 had a dedicated function which took care of that task andI wondered how to replicate it on the FZ10.

Will using the manual focus do that Bob? or will the appreture change with the changed light as one goes round?

Regards

Malcolm
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:35 PM   #4

Eh? You're asking about focus lock, and then wondering if the aperture will change as you move the camera about.

They're completely different things.

If you use manual focusing, the focusing will not change until you tell it to.

If you want the aperture to stay the same, use manual mode and set the aperture and shutter speed using spot metering to a mid-tone (ie, not too light, not too dark). The aperture and shutter speed will then stay the same, giving you an even exposure throughout your panorama.
BobsterLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 2:15 AM   #5

Hi Bob.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"That's the answer, I'm afraid I used the wrong word, should have talked about the exposure, a bit of a novice at all this but I do like panos,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Cheers

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Malcolm