Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:24 AM   #1

I got my FZ20 about midday today. Had to wait 2 hours for battery to charge, it seemed like 2 days before the charge light went out.

My inital thoughts are that this camera does everything a serious amateur could want. Very little shutter lag, very good exposure even on P mode, very powerful built in flash (again with spot on exposure). The menu system is very good as well, you can take a shortcut keypressto the review mode rather than have to turn the dial to playback just to checkyour last image. Overall very pleased. By tyhe way for those in the UK, I got it for £339 from cameras2u.com

My only fault is that after 45 minutes playing with it, I have cramp in my right hand as it isn't the most ergonomic of cameras. May just be my big hands.

If anyone wants specific questions answered about features or quality I will try and answer them.
Stuwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:38 AM   #2

Good news for you !

How long did it take from when you placed the order ?

Did you get a bigger SD card too ? Is the preformance of the card good ? At the moment I'll be ordering a Sandisk Ultra 512Mb as it's the only card I've been recommended will not slow the camera down....

I'm also thinking of getting a second battery, which seems to be the best idea!

If that company is good, I might just order mine from them as well

Edit: Did you take out any extra cover from them ? What is the terms&conditions like ?

Can't wait to get my FZ20
dontmailme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:05 PM   #3

I Placed the order on Tuesday at 12.30 lunchtime and it arrived 24 hours later.

I already own a couple of SD cards from a PDA I own, so I haven't bought anything else yet. With the quality turned down to medium instead of the top quality, the camera is reeling off the shots in burst mode and the memory is not clogging up. I think at medium quality it is the speed of the camera that is the deciding factor, not the memory card.

I did not take out any extra warranty. I did plan to purchase it with my Barclaycard for the extra free one year warranty but their website kept throwing up a wobbly sayingthe addressdetails I typed in did not match those held by Barclaycard HQ. I used another card and it went through no problems. I only got this vendors details from the pricerunner web price comparison site. That site listed Cameras2u as an excellent retailer and I can only back that up.

I did not buy any extra batteries (the camera cost blew this months budget, any extras will have to come later) but there seem to be loads available on ebay at about £10, I don't know if they are comparable quality.
Stuwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:15 PM   #4

Stuwalker wrote:
Quote:
My only fault is that after 45 minutes playing with it, I have cramp in my right hand as it isn't the most ergonomic of cameras. May just be my big hands.
That's interesting. My previous camera was a Fuji S602Z. I have long, but narrow hands and an old injury that bothers me sometimes in my right hand. The Fuji is a great camera, but after a few hours, my hand would start to hurt. The FZ20 fits my hand so perfectly that I decided against getting a Dps 9000. No way do I want to mess with what (for me) is ergonimically perfect!

Linda
patchworkfibers is offline   Reply With Quote