Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 15, 2004, 5:33 AM   #11

I have the Raynox adapter which I use with a 52mm skylight filter for protection. The standard 52mm lens hood, I purchased for use on the filter, showed some vignetting but a wide angle one is fine.
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 6:14 AM   #12

i bought a rubber HAMA 62MM hood that alsofolds back then itfits in my op tech DSLR cover

screws on after the filter :-)

i use @speedgraphic. co. uk < get a free catalogue and for hoya filters, they have op tech and Zing cam covers.

Jessops 30 day return on items.. (handy for test lens etc n return)but dearer use freephone number

or Jacobs have them also catalog etc

SRB for any filters they experts ..catalog also

all these pay by phone not online even amazon .co uk< cheapest If they carry item

sorted. :-)

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:25 PM   #13

Just found these generic lens hoods on bhphotovideo and wondered if any one has tried these lens hoods (other than the rubber ones) with the PA62 ?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....y=9&Submit=Go

Harj

:-)
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 1:08 AM   #14

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I've been thining about purchasing one of the lens adapters thats available for the Panasonic. However, I'm a wee bit confused about which one to go for. I like the look of the Pemaral PA/PD62/62H and the Phayee but am not sure on the Raynox. Any helpful advice would be seriously welcome !
My FZ-10 user guide has the complete answer to your question. IMO, the Chen adapter is the best with the highest quality of all adapters I have (six). I was told that the Phayee adapter (yup, I also have one) is a clone of Chen's version. The functionality of the Phayee version is almost indentical to the Chen version except for the installation of a petel type lens hood. You won't find a discussion of the Phayee version at my site because I only discuss original products.

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 and Panasonic FZ-10 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 9:42 AM   #15

Shene

Thanks for the link. I had read your review on the Chen adapter before but wasn't sure how to order it from Mr.Chen and thats why I had decided to look at the Phayee which you can get from ebay.

I've ordered the Pemaral PA62 and will look at getting the Chen or Phayee adapter at a later date.

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:23 AM   #16

Shene,

I also prefer to get the original instead of the copycat, but I don't read chinese. So... I don't see how I could order from Mr. Chen.
adjohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 6:36 AM   #17

Hi Shene,
I would like to know the same. Thank for your reply.
fana is offline   Reply With Quote