Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:34 PM   #1

I've been thining about purchasing one of the lens adapters thats available for the Panasonic. However, I'm a wee bit confused about which one to go for. I like the look of the Pemaral PA/PD62/62H and the Phayee but am not sure on the Raynox. Any helpful advice would be seriously welcome !

Harj

PS.

I finally got my hands on the SUNPAK 383 !:-):|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:56 PM   #2

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I've been thining about purchasing one of the lens adapters thats available for the Panasonic. However, I'm a wee bit confused about which one to go for. I like the look of the Pemaral PA/PD62/62H and the Phayee but am not sure on the Raynox. Any helpful advice would be seriously welcome !

Harj

PS.

I finally got my hands on the SUNPAK 383 !:-):|
I have got the phayee.

Not sure what info you need. Its a step down to 62mm thread size, and its metallic.

A pic is below. Hope that helps?

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:08 PM   #3

tchuanye

Thanks the quick reply. Whats the build quality like on Phayee and have you had any problems fitting any lens on to it ? Any other issues or does it just do the job and do it well ?

Thanks again

Harj

Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:09 PM   #4

I have the raynox and its metal and well made.
I'd decide what adapter lens I wanted to use and then decide on that basis. If possible you want to avoid stepup or stepdown rings. I had 52mm lenses so the raynox made a lot of sense. But your needs may be different. The Nikon 6t is a highly recommended macro lens, but 4t is the same lens but in a 52mm mount so the raynox is fine.
The main advantage of any of the third party adapters is that they put the add-on lenses right next to the extended FZ lens. This is supposed to minimize distortion. Oh BTW, some of the third party adapters are out of stock and I wanted a UV filter to protect the lens NOW!!!
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:20 PM   #5

Here is the fz20 with the raynox rt5264p attached. Though of very light construction it is quite sturdy. Dimensions are 30mm long by 64mmdiameter at camera endand 52mm threaded lip at front end.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:11 AM   #6

I just got the Phyee or whatever one and it works good. I am learning that I suck at taking photos though. I think I am more of a point and shooter. but I will say that the pics on my last camera look alot worse now that I have seen what good pics look like but I am learning and they are getting much better.

but I like the phyee adapter and it came with an extra battery for 19 bucks more.
biggmark97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:36 AM   #7

HarjTT

See my thread here on adaptors / filters and extra lens

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

===========================================

pemaraal adaptors

http://www.b-300.com/used.html

buy a clearance PA62, mine was like new:-)
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:47 AM   #8

Jayde

Thanks for the link !

Harj
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:24 PM   #9

Order a clearance PA62 just $22 which isnt bad at all! Now all I have to do is try and be patient and wait for it to be shipped to the UK. I still like the idea of being able to add a hood like Phayee adapter allows, so I may just order one of those too.

Harj

Old Oct 15, 2004, 2:20 AM   #10

I have the phayee as well. I choose phayee because the price is cheap :lol: and the adaptor can still shade light after a filter is attached.

I couldn't find any down side of using this adaptor, or maybe the only disadvantage is since the adaptor is metallic, direct impact to the lens hood may damage the camera itself.

Get a quality UV filter to protect the lens. Actually the money u've saved to get a 62mm filter instead of a 72mm one has earned u the adaptor. :-)

Here is a pic showing a 62mm B+W UV attached (top left), the filter + lens hood (top rite) and an external flash + lens hood + 72mm lens cap (bottow)

btw, sorry for the quality of the picture. I don't have any camera with me right now (except the FZ10, :lol, so I used my mobile phone to take pictures.
Attached Images

akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote