Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:37 PM   #11

Actually it was shrub who made that statement. He said we should never misunderstimate films camera.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:56 PM   #12

I just wanted to say to Bobc that I didn't bash or critique your photo. I believe I actually said that I thought you did the correct thing, and focused on what you should of. If I said anything negative it was about the focusing on the FZ-20. You also mentioned that I "bashed" other people's photos, and for the record, I didn't. I don't know enough about the art end of photography to critique anyone's photo. I know a decent amount about the technology of photography. And what I did mention about a person's photo of a bird was that it wasn't sharply in focus. Now unless you guys manually focused the camera, then you shouldn't be upset. I am merely pointing out the fact that it is hard to get a sharply focused picture. I am not saying you can't. But when people want to make a point and say look how good the focus is, then the pictures should be in focus. And the picture of your daughter, assuming the flash fired, should still have been sharp, even if she was moving b/c the flash fires at between 1/20,000 and 1/50,000 of a second, so that almost is like your shutter speed. Which means it would capture any action, no matter how fast....unless there was so much ambient light in the room, which is doubtful. But there is like a hairlight behind her, so I am not sure if you used a flash, if you didn't then I apologize, sir.

Getting back to the problem of autofocus, from reading these forums for over a month I realize that it isn't just me, but a handful of members to this forum whohave been complaining about from day one. And I think part of it is us as photographers but part of it is the camera. Shacky hands was just really frustrated, and I understood that, some of what he said might have been way out there but I got it. I just didn't get Bobc, a grown man, making fun of someone who was just trying to point out their frustration.

And as far as Dontmailme is concerned, I don't know and I am not in cahoots with Shacky hands. I have been monitoring these forums since September (when I got my FZ-20) and it is only when I read enough people that were having similar problems that I decided to chime in. And I could make an educated guess as to why Shacky is not replying to our posts anymore, after his last verbal assault, I would assume he would have got rid of the camera, unless he is even crazier than his last post.
Billy E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:30 PM   #13

I'm sorry Billy E but you have been rumbled we all know you and Shakeyhands are the same person.

There have already been several reviews of this camera and if it really was defective dont you think they would have pointed it out. In fact dcresource have the FZ20 as there favourite stabilized camera.

My guess is the reason you stopped posting as Shakey was because people were pressing you to post pictures.

I dont know what your motive is but I cant help wondering if you have a connection with another rival camera manufacturer.

ahardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 6:34 PM   #14

Billy E. wrote:
Quote:
I just wanted to say to Bobc that I didn't bash or critique your photo. I believe I actually said that I thought you did the correct thing, and focused on what you should of. If I said anything negative it was about the focusing on the FZ-20. You also mentioned that I "bashed" other people's photos, and for the record, I didn't. I don't know enough about the art end of photography to critique anyone's photo. I know a decent amount about the technology of photography. And what I did mention about a person's photo of a bird was that it wasn't sharply in focus. Now unless you guys manually focused the camera, then you shouldn't be upset. I am merely pointing out the fact that it is hard to get a sharply focused picture. I am not saying you can't. But when people want to make a point and say look how good the focus is, then the pictures should be in focus. And the picture of your daughter, assuming the flash fired, should still have been sharp, even if she was moving b/c the flash fires at between 1/20,000 and 1/50,000 of a second, so that almost is like your shutter speed. Which means it would capture any action, no matter how fast....unless there was so much ambient light in the room, which is doubtful. But there is like a hairlight behind her, so I am not sure if you used a flash, if you didn't then I apologize, sir.

Getting back to the problem of autofocus, from reading these forums for over a month I realize that it isn't just me, but a handful of members to this forum whohave been complaining about from day one. And I think part of it is us as photographers but part of it is the camera. Shacky hands was just really frustrated, and I understood that, some of what he said might have been way out there but I got it. I just didn't get Bobc, a grown man, making fun of someone who was just trying to point out their frustration.

And as far as Dontmailme is concerned, I don't know and I am not in cahoots with Shacky hands. I have been monitoring these forums since September (when I got my FZ-20) and it is only when I read enough people that were having similar problems that I decided to chime in. And I could make an educated guess as to why Shacky is not replying to our posts anymore, after his last verbal assault, I would assume he would have got rid of the camera, unless he is even crazier than his last post.
Sakey/Billy... Who ever you claim to be...

It was my picture of the bird, and I said it was pretty sharp... I repeat again... PRETTY SHARP...

Do you not know how to inturpret the word PRETTY?

Or... Do you just ignore certain words?

It means... Not Blurry... Not all the way sharp... Pretty Sharp.

And if you are having a problem... Put your pictures where your mouth is and maybe someone in here can help you.

I am in here to learn how to take better pics, and try to help other people with the limited knowledge that I have, if I can.

I was merely bashing Shakey Hands in jest, because his post was way out there. Like some Ninja'sthat Panasonic hired where trying to shut him up for being the only one who knew of their secret plan to make everyones pictures blurry or something.

If you are him, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, and if you don't like the camera or you think it's defective, sell it or return it and try and find something in the same price range that even comes close... But... Do Something...

Don't just make comments. Post some pics and get some advice from people. Thats what this forum is for. There are some very knowledgable people here. I for one am not one of them yet. But I'm working on it.

No hard feelings

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 4:22 PM   #15
hbh

I don't know why these discussions are always goin' into a personal war. Is this a special hobby I missed?

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VwAAAI4bL8bBeklTQHtKCjKycA1!4FZUKBRafEDQnWSeheEKA kVQ9q8XZDyH2D1OaHa!j1TL5LES*LQhh3Ej1H6x5rQ5waa9em6 2!rkOAzFq1XlsHMxxMTWYOhaG89!W/0280.gif?dc=4675299962688565997[/img]
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 6:48 PM   #16

hbh wrote:
Quote:
I don't know why these discussions are always goin' into a personal war. Is this a special hobby I missed?

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VwAAAI4bL8bBeklTQHtKCjKycA1!4FZUKBRafEDQnWSeheEKA kVQ9q8XZDyH2D1OaHa!j1TL5LES*LQhh3Ej1H6x5rQ5waa9em6 2!rkOAzFq1XlsHMxxMTWYOhaG89!W/0280.gif?dc=4675299962688565997[/img]
We're just having some fun... Sometimes ya just gotta heat things up a little...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote