Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:49 AM   #1

Has anyone had problems with reading LEXAR 1GB SD cards used with the FZ20 for taking pics? The pics turn out fine on the camera, and the SD card works fine with my HP photosmart 375 to print in its SD slot. However, when I try reading the card with a PCMCIA adapter for my laptop, the pictures are unreadable. This is not the case when I use the 16mb card that came with the camera so the adapter seems to be working fine. Appreciate any input.
Shivster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:22 PM   #2
Administrator

Shivster wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone had problems with reading LEXAR 1GB SD cards used with the FZ20 for taking pics? The pics turn out fine on the camera, and the SD card works fine with my HP photosmart 375 to print in its SD slot. However, when I try reading the card with a PCMCIA adapter for my laptop, the pictures are unreadable. This is not the case when I use the 16mb card that came with the camera so the adapter seems to be working fine. Appreciate any input.
If your PC can see the card as a removable drive when you attach your camera via USB, then your adapter is probably at fault.

The controller in the adapter may not have been designed to see larger cards.

Chances are, if your HP printer can see it, you could also use it for a card reader (my PC lets me seefolders and imageson any inserted cards, just like any other removable drive). Just click on "My Computer", and you should see the printer card slots there. Mine shows up as "HP Photosmart Printer Memory Card". But, the card reader built into my older HPprinter is VERY slow. :-) You're probably better off attaching the camera via USB until you can get a USBCard reader or a PCMCIA card reader that works with larger SD Cards.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote