Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:09 AM   #1

I am using a 256Mb Lexar card for my FZ1 and everything goes very well. With the recent price drop in SD card, does any one know the max size my FZ1 can take? If so, can my lowly FZ1 can take the advantage of the 20MB/sec transfer rate? Would Bob please help?

Ken
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2004, 3:25 AM   #2

Hi all,

No one knows the max SD size the FZ1 can take?:shock: Can't believe that. My user manual doesn't state the max SD size for my FZ1. It has a pciture of several SD card with size ranging from 8Mb to 512 Mb. Has anybody tried a 1G card on the FZ1 ?
:?
Ken
Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:06 AM   #3

I have a 1gb Lexar card that works great with the FZ1. Holds 1040 high quality images or about 5200 seconds of movie.
arm1tage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:50 AM   #4

Wow, it's great. Is your 1G Lexar card a high speed one? I read somewhere that the FZ1 cannot take advantage of the higher speed card, but I can't remember exactly how and why.

Ken
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:24 AM   #5

Nope it's the non hi-speed card, does about 26X as opposed to the 32X, so it's pretty close. I also have a SanDisk 256MB high-speed card that I use with it. Both are very fast and allow for instant reviewing.
arm1tage is offline   Reply With Quote