Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 18, 2004, 1:25 AM   #1

Hi,

I recently upgraded from the FZ10 to the FZ20. I already had an Olympus TCON-17 Teleconverter and Yoshida 1055B adapter. To my chagrine, the Yoshida adapter binds the manual focus on the FZ20 (one or two too many threads). I've since ordered the "new" 1055 adapter from Yoshida, which Yoshida assures meno longer has this problem with the FZ20.

In the meantime, I'm stuck with an extra Yoshida 1055B adapter, which works great with the FZ10 camera. As I no longer have any use for it, please contact me privately if you are an FZ10 owner who may have a use for this high quality Yoshida product.

Jim

bailey.aros.net/nature
JimBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:47 AM   #2

Jim

i hope you solved the problem of that mismatch.. :-)

one or two too many threads.. thas a pain m8

if not try a diff adaptor like the pemaraal link here.. (his 2nds PA62 are ok.. )

http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/

then you need a 62-55 step ring

Iuse this setup for the TL55 lens on my FZ10 with no probs.. 20 is same

http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/fz10_...nd_information

==================

PS i dont want it.. lol

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 3:44 AM   #3

JimBailey wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I recently upgraded from the FZ10 to the FZ20. I already had an Olympus TCON-17 Teleconverter and Yoshida 1055B adapter. To my chagrine, the Yoshida adapter binds the manual focus on the FZ20 (one or two too many threads). I've since ordered the "new" 1055 adapter from Yoshida, which Yoshida assures meno longer has this problem with the FZ20.

In the meantime, I'm stuck with an extra Yoshida 1055B adapter, which works great with the FZ10 camera. As I no longer have any use for it, please contact me privately if you are an FZ10 owner who may have a use for this high quality Yoshida product.

Jim

bailey.aros.net/nature
To fix the adapter find someone with a sander. Run the back of the adapter across the sander taking off a small amount. Try it on the camera until it works properly. trust me on this. I made my own and wiull soon begin to sell them.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:49 PM   #4

My Yoshida 1058S adapter used to lock the manual focus ring on my FZ10.

I just taped a coarse 'wetordry' paper to a small sheet of glass and using a circular motion removed a small amount of metal from the adapter.

Once it fitted correctly without binding on the manual focus ring I then finished of with fine 'wetordry' paper.

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:16 AM   #5

Jim,

Id be interested in buying the 1055b for my FZ-10. Please tell me how to contact you.

Thanks,

Craig
Craigster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:56 AM   #6

Hi, how do you findthe tcon17 works with the fz20.i'm new to all this and would value your thoughts. thanks
toontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:06 AM   #7

Hi,

I think lots of people use this combination. The Yoshida adapter, most expensive at around $60, is custom made by this fellow in Japan and works very well with the TCON17 and FZ20 (or FZ10). There are cheaper setups I'm unfamiliar with that involve the use of step rings. Do a Google search and you'll probably find all the info you need. If not, feel free to write me privately and I'll tell you how to get in touch with Yoshida. For some reason, his website is now all Japanese and you may have better luck emailing him privately.

Jim
JimBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 4:00 PM   #8

Toontownhiya

see my info here it applies to FZ20 the same as the 10

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

but the tcon 14 has a shorter thread length look here.. 14B is ok and better i think..

http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/fz10_...nd_information

read this for a better route than yoshida, get the pemaraal PA62 then anythin u want

http://www.b-300.com/used.html<various lens/tests here also
this one ok PA62 Black Seconds. Dimensionally perfect but with slight cosmetic blemish (nicked or chipped black topcoat). Guaranteed to be fully functional.

that yoshida is darn exp... IMHO stay clear of these and raynox lensSOME need specil THINNER step rings etc.. on W/Angle lens mostly

Pana LTZ10 is bestBY FARbut v exp..fits same as the pana hood..

i have canon TL55 is ok v lightto carry its on amazon with its WD55 bros

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote