Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:18 PM   #11

Test2 ISO 100... f4.0... distance 8'

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:19 PM   #12

Test 3... ISO 200... f5.6... distance 8'...

Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:20 PM   #13

Test 4... ISO 400... f8.0... distance 8'...

Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:11 AM   #14

Maybe it is worth mentioning that post-processing is usually considered superior to in-camera processing for the simple reason whatever changes are made to the image in-camera cannot be reversed...while in postprocessing you can save your original image and try as many changes as you want...

Also however good the incamera software is, it has some profound limittions compared to postprocessing software - i.e. less memory, over-riding necessity of speed (If it takes 10 seconds to sharpen a post processed image we scarcely notice it, if in-camera sharpening took this long we would be horrified....
rennie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:32 AM   #15

rennie12 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe it is worth mentioning that post-processing is usually considered superior to in-camera processing for the simple reason whatever changes are made to the image in-camera cannot be reversed...while in postprocessing you can save your original image and try as many changes as you want...

Also however good the incamera software is, it has some profound limittions compared to postprocessing software - i.e. less memory, over-riding necessity of speed (If it takes 10 seconds to sharpen a post processed image we scarcely notice it, if in-camera sharpening took this long we would be horrified....
I agree with that to a certain extent. But the camera should be able to produce a great picture with the right settings.

I am trying to hone my photagraphy skills, and all the images that I post on this site are straight out of the camera shots with only resizing.

If I happened to get a great shot that needed a slight touching up, then yes, I may tweek it a little (and if I do I will include it in my post).

I guess for me, getting a great out of the camera shot is more rewarding from a photography stand point.

bobc