Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:09 AM   #21
Fox

The link is wrong. No audio of any kind can be recorded to the FZ15. On a up note, I think Panasonic took the extra horsepower that was used for recording the audio and used it on other things in the camera like faster burst time.....Maybe:roll:
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:15 PM   #22

Fox wrote:
Quote:
The link is wrong. No audio of any kind can be recorded to the FZ15.
Absolutely sure? Isn't there any chance that, let's say, it does RECORD audio but it doesn't PLAY it, as biggmark97 stated it? (and the link also mentions this is an "only beep" microphone) Perhaps you could record a movie and try to listen it in your PC.
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:43 PM   #23
Fox

I am sure. I have a audio file on my PC from the FZ15 and it has no audio. If you download the manual you will see on page 56 it says (You can record motion images without audio.) I think what other are seeing is a pop up window giving a description of what a microphone does. Wish I had better news but this is just how it is. I still think the FZ15 is a great camera!
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:33 AM   #24

Ramblin_mo a écrit:
Quote:
Here are some full sized FZ15 shots. Between the weather and being busy, I haven't been able to shoot or post much.

http://www.pbase.com/ramblin_mo/fz15

Thanks a lot Ramblin_mo !!!

still waiting for some shots from Fox

still waiting for FZ15 in Europe :sad:
Golfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 7:10 AM   #25

Fox wrote:
Quote:
The link is wrong. No audio of any kind can be recorded to the FZ15. On a up note, I think Panasonic took the extra horsepower that was used for recording the audio and used it on other things in the camera like faster burst time.....
But in terms of burst time and all, all of that is identical in the Z15 and Z20 correct?

Biggest difference going to the Z20 is the additional 1MP.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:31 AM   #26

Ramblin_mo a écrit:
Quote:
Here are some full sized FZ15 shots. Between the weather and being busy, I haven't been able to shoot or post much.

http://www.pbase.com/ramblin_mo/fz15
After a big observation... do you have modified shots (ie. NetImage or noise remover soft) or is it exactly FZ15 shots (very impressive) ? some shots seems to be 'blurry' and EXIF datas give -1/3 exposure bias...

So, how do you find colors accuracy ? are they good ? you're the only one who can says that
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:15 AM   #27
Fox

Golfy, I won't have my FZ15 back for a week or so. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it back.

Slitman, Here are the specs from the FZ15 and 20 manuals. (bottom of this post) Not a big difference between the two but a difference none the less. From what I can tell, the FZ 20 has the following that the FZ15 does not. Hotshoe, audio with stills and video, and 5 megapixels (Did I forget anything):?:
Hope this info helps a little.

From the FZ20 manual
Burst recording
Burst speed: 3 frames/second (high speed), 2 frames/second (low speed),
Approx. 2 frames/second (no limit)
Number of recordable pictures:
Max. 7 frames (standard), max. 4 frames (fine), Depends on
the capacity of the card. (no limit)
(Performance in burst recording is only with SD Memory Card.
MultiMediaCard performance will be less.)

From the FZ15 manual
Burst recording
Burst speed: 4 frames/second (high speed), 2 frames/second (low speed),
Approx. 2 frames/second (no limit)
Number of recordable pictures:
Max. 10 frames (standard), max. 5 frames (fine), Depends on
the capacity of the card. (no limit)
(Performance in burst recording is only with SD Memory Card.
MultiMediaCard performance will be less.)
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:00 PM   #28

Golfy wrote:
Quote:
After a big observation... do you have modified shots (ie. NetImage or noise remover soft) or is it exactly FZ15 shots (very impressive) ? some shots seems to be 'blurry' and EXIF datas give -1/3 exposure bias...

So, how do you find colors accuracy ? are they good ? you're the only one who can says that
No editing done to pictures. The -1/3 ev is a habit from owning the FZ10. Not sure if the FZ15 needs it yet.

Which do you think are blurry? Some of the bluff pics are1/2 a mile away. Not many cams will resolve leaves at that distance.The last 4 or 5 in the folder were shot ISO 100 under cloudy conditions.

Shots indoors no flash auto wb come out redder that fz10 auto wb. Color accuracy is very good IMO. I'm still evaluating vs FZ10, but I've been short on freetime recently.
Ramblin_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:29 AM   #29

Ramblin_mo a écrit:
Quote:
No editing done to pictures. The -1/3 ev is a habit from owning the FZ10. Not sure if the FZ15 needs it yet.

Which do you think are blurry? Some of the bluff pics are1/2 a mile away. Not many cams will resolve leaves at that distance.The last 4 or 5 in the folder were shot ISO 100 under cloudy conditions.

Shots indoors no flash auto wb come out redder that fz10 auto wb. Color accuracy is very good IMO. I'm still evaluating vs FZ10, but I've been short on freetime recently.
No editing ? wouaw ! very good ! when I put one of your shot (with some sky) in NeatImage, the Red/Green/Blue fine tuning are good balanced (no need of correction), that's why I suspected a post-correction. :-)

Blurry : not bad but like a focus problem (on macro)... I should compare against others cameras with same resolution. :-)

Thanks for your opinion about colors accuracy... IMO FZ15 color's system isn't saturating like other brands (seems to be more realistic colors).

Thanks a lot... I hope (I pray) that the DMC-FZ15 would come in France because shots seems to be very good. In this price, we could only have Minolta Dimâge Z3 (4MP, x12 zoom) but it's not the same quality :lol:
Old Oct 26, 2004, 8:44 AM   #30

Finally, I'm trying to buy one (DMC-FZ15) from 'ABES of Maine' website : it would be in my budget but for your information, it will cost me around $640 for importing in France :sad:! it seems to be expensive, however, DMC-FZ20 cost around $742 here :O

I hope ABES isa serious shop !
http://www.abesofmaine.com/