Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:35 AM   #1

My FZ20 finally arrived today after being on order for ages...

Though I imagine the conversionfrom film to a proper digital technique will be long and involved - theFZ20 seems to be perfectly usable right from the word go.

Promisingly, even my first couple of shots turned out fine (see below for resized posts of my son Tim, and a handheld shot of the moon) - so now I will just have to find out what all these buttons do... :?

David C
Attached Images

David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:39 AM   #2

12x zoom, approx 50% crop
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:11 PM   #3

Nice Pix.

I get my FZ20 tomorrow.. finally.

I ordered a Pemaraal PD62 adapter as well so I can attach the UV lens to protect my new found love.
Got the bundle with a Canon CP220 Printer with lots of paper/carts and a Mem card. Now i can print my own 4x6...a little like the stores do.. Uhmm Im a typical 4x6 person when it comes to developing shots...

Say I think if you look closely in the childs eyes you can see the photographers reflection... amazing... like a mirror.

Take Care
Fireworkz.
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 3:07 PM   #4

Congrats on your purchase! It will take some time to get use to all those buttons & features. I've got my FZ20 in hand for over 2 weeks now and I've still not tried outall of the features yet. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun getting to know the camera...I know I do :-).

Like fireworkz, I also ordered the adaptor and UV filter at the time I order the camera. Still waiting on the adaptor purchase from ebay...:sad:. It should be here any day now.
nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:19 AM   #5

I was wondering whether to order the smaller adapters - I probably would have, if any of the local camera stores would have stocked any of the add-on lenses I was interested in...

Since they did not, I thought I would make do with the panasonic one for now - with a (quite pricey!) 72mm Hoya UV filter on the front.

I may get something like the Raynox adapter at a later stage, when I look into getting a wide-angle converter.

I will have to check out step down rings soon - to see if I can use my Cokin filters on the FZ20...
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:36 AM   #6

nhan wrote:
Quote:
Congrats on your purchase! It will take some time to get use to all those buttons & features. I've got my FZ20 in hand for over 2 weeks now and I've still not tried out all of the features yet. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun getting to know the camera...I know I do :-).

Like fireworkz, I also ordered the adaptor and UV filter at the time I order the camera. Still waiting on the adaptor purchase from ebay...:sad:. It should be here any day now.
Thanks for the encouragement to use this Cam.. Yup I keep reading about the amazing things one can do with all the modes etc.. Cant wait to have fun.. Yup my adapter was sent by the Pemaraal people yesterday.. so hopefully will get it sometime next week..

David C wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering whether to order the smaller adapters - I probably would have, if any of the local camera stores would have stocked any of the add-on lenses I was interested in...

Since they did not, I thought I would make do with the panasonic one for now - with a (quite pricey!) 72mm Hoya UV filter on the front.

I may get something like the Raynox adapter at a later stage, when I look into getting a wide-angle converter.

I will have to check out step down rings soon - to see if I can use my Cokin filters on the FZ20...

I read somewhere here about the various issues of using the Panasonics orig adapter with a 72mm regarding the not too close proximity of the lens hence causing ghosting effects.. Thats the reason I went out to buy a Pemaraal Adapter.. as I want to keep it on permanently on with a protective uv lens.. especially since the weather here is changing ... with all the rain were getting..
Also heard of the Yoshida / Raynox and Phayee adapters.. but decided on the Pemaraal as it seems to have a good rating too..futhermore its right next door to purchase so less wait time in the post..

Here is the link of the adapters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node85.html

Thanks and Brgds

Fireworkz
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:19 AM   #7

Haven't noticed any ghosting yet - will have to keep an eye out for it then...

WhenI take some decent FZ20 photos I will add them to my online photo gallery at:
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/sho...00/ppuser/1516
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:41 AM   #8

As an aside, has anyone else had problems with misfiring pixels (ie an errant red spot on pictures)?
(I referred to this problem while commenting on the thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23 )

I will probably have to start a new thread on this I suppose...
Old Oct 24, 2004, 9:59 AM   #9

Hi, David!

In the eyes of your son Tim (best on the right of the photo), I can see your FZ20S (yes, you have a silver Fluzi, instead of a black one) and your right arm (in Tim's right eye). Maybe a mini crop on the unreduced image of the single eye should show more details...

:lol:

alf_italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 9:09 AM   #10

Hi Alf,

you have a fine eye for detail!

:roll: