Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:49 PM   #11

Dug around in my PC for another example-
Attached Images

alethea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:10 PM   #12

I have been following this forum for a couple of weeks trying to make up my mind as to buy or not buy a FZ20. Last Wednesday I read the thread about CircuitCity and took the plunge. I picked it up at lunchtime the next day and have been playing with it ever since. I took this close up of green Day Lilly this morning when they were still covered rain and dew. The green looks just like I remember it.

P mode at 1/250 from about 6 inches

p/s: saw that the CircuitCity online price for FZ20 dropped yesterday. I stopped by the local store and asked about the price reduction and was credited the difference without even asking for it. Interesting, as their website seems to imply that their buyer price protection only if the price if different on the day you pick it up. Made my day!

dprop

Attached Images

dprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 1:36 AM   #13

Mirdin, have you checked in 'Menu' 'Picture Adjustment' and made sure your saturation level is set on standard?

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 5:02 AM   #14

Suzan, saturation level is set on standard (never touched that setting)

Next time I have a chance I'll take pictures with both my camera's so you can see the difference.

I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only who noticed the camera's tendency (under certain circumstances)to oversaturate the color of grass.

It's not a huge problem for me, as long as everyone else is experiencing the same thing, because then I know there is nothing wrong with my camera in particular
mirdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 6:05 AM   #15

NormBut wrote:
Quote:
I am experiencing the same problem as you'll see from the following:

http://au.msnusers.com/8mu64efomp9b4...%201%20007.jpg

Could you post that picture again? The link is not working unfortunately.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 7:29 AM   #16

Hope this works:

NormBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 7:56 AM   #17

NormBut wrote:
Quote:
Hope this works:

Nope, doesn't work for me.I think you're linking to a restricted area.

You could downsize the picture and add it as an attachment to your post. Alternatively you could open an account at pbase.com and upload the original one.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 9:39 AM   #18

Hi Bob, I think I've been pretty specific. The issueI'm having is that grass (green) looks very saturated under certain circumstances. I never hadthis problem with my other digital camera. I don't mind a little saturation as long as the image remains crisp. In my case the green tends to become a bit washed out (if that's the correct term)

Perhaps the FZ20 tends to overexpose in these situations? Again, I'm not an expert, I'm just trying to learn.

I posted this to try and find out if I was the only one who noticed this.

bobc wrote:
Quote:
I am confused (which is'nt hard to do). But what is the problem that we are talking about here?

Is it the monitor that is not matching the greens?

If you look at the picture in the camera, do they match or not match?

Do they match or not match on printed images?

Looking at these pictures and not knowing exactly what color the grass is, they look fine to me. I am far from an expert though.

Could someone be more specific with what the problem is?

bobc
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:27 AM   #19

Not to knock the camera, which I don't plan on purchasing, but it would seem that shooting outdoors under these conditions would be a fairly common shooting condition. What are you doing in PS to correct? Does "autolevels" do the trick or are you correcting the individual color channel?

The stuck pixel issue I would return, as much as it stinks to have to do that. That would drive me nuts.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:30 AM   #20

By the way... this REALLY is an issue for a firmware upgrade! No way Pana can argue this is a "feature". They're way, way, way oversaturating greens under certain settings/conditions on the FZ-20.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote