Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:45 PM   #11

You can only use it on the FZ1 or FZ2..thats it...all the other FZ's have ir blocking. I also have the FZ10, so I just be using both cameras..FZ2 only for my IR pics.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:49 PM   #12

Belowis the exif data for the original image. You will have to use a tripod to get those settings which certainly do work.

Shutter Speed:1/1.00
Aperture:f/5.66
Exposure Bias:0.00
Focal Length (mm):4.60
F Number:5.60
Exposure Program:Aperture Priority
ISO Speed:50

Rezajune - Thanks for the steps you used. This is really a wonderful photo. What were the actual colors of the siding and roof on the building?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:54 PM   #13

here is another view...you are right Nicktrop...you need a lot of sunshine. The day I took these pics...it was somewhat cloudy.
Attached Images

Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:59 PM   #14

The colors of the church is a very very dark brown. I am very suprised at the color after the PS action how it all came out.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 11:32 PM   #15

Question... why did you use Neat Image? ISO 50 should not have produced any noise. Wouldn't that take away some of the sharpness, as I understand IR produces (naturally)? Please don't misconstrue, not trying to be critical - just trying to get the IR thing, which you obviously do.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:20 AM   #16

I guess the filter is so dark and I needed a long shutter speed to make up for the darkness. I originally wanted to try it without Neat Image, but the nosie as visible in the sky, but really nowhere else. As you can see the unsharpen mask really helped me get the sharpness back.

Usually when I use Neat image to get out the noise, I use the setting on low noise remove so not to take away sharpness.

Take some pics Nicktrop and let me know what you come up with. I took my first IR pic yesterday, so I got a lot of learning to do still.

Old Oct 28, 2004, 9:34 AM   #17

I will post as soon as I come up with a few decent ones - probably not until this weekend, though. IR is beautiful. You just can't get the IR look with PS trickery or effects plug-ins (not even close...)

Thanks for the tips, your explaination about Neat Image makes perfect sense, and I do see the difference now that you've pointed it out.

Nick
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:29 AM   #18

How do i implement the Photoshop Action to Photoshop? It's probably a silly question, but i use PS about a couple of weeks and just know about 1% of it (i hope its that much :-)). Thx for the help

Btw., @Nick, bought the FZ1 and took some shots, great cam. Hit a church tower out of a driving car with 12x zoom, no problems. But with high speed objects like aircrafts it seems to have some problems, or the other way around, i have to learn how to use it under that conditions.

And, just to write something on topic, i will also buy the Hoya IR, thats clear :-)

(Sorry for my bad english)
Recce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:45 PM   #19

Hi Recce,

Implementing the action is easy just copy it into the actions folder in the Photoshop directory. In PS 7 it's in the Presets folder, then there's a Photoshop Actions Folder. To run the action, under Window (not the OS) in PS make sure Actions is selected to display the Actions Palette. Press the circle with the arrow in the middle on the upper right of the Actions palette to load the action(s) you want.

Once loaded, it will be selectable. Play it by pressing the play icon > at the bottom of the palette.

Actions are PS equiv to a macro, if you're familiar with Word or Excel.

Nick

Happy Shooting with you FZ-1! Post some IR shots when you take a few.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 5:30 PM   #20

Hey Nick,

thx for the help, now it works. I will post some pics, but it will take some times, first to get the Hoya IR, and then to get the camera, because it is meant as a christmas present :-)I was just able to take some shoots for testing, and thats it. To bad, two more monthes...

Greets

Recce
Recce is offline   Reply With Quote