Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 27, 2004, 8:57 AM   #1

At http://www.viking.com/ddMain.do?leve...620_FM_7101356 Plus $15 off $150 Coupon
Add Item #QJH-PRD15 (expires 10/31/04)

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2004, 3:49 PM   #2

This is an unbelievable(!)deal. Ever use them?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:29 PM   #3

I've never used them, Nick. I already have a2nd fz1 but I'm close to getting another since this may be the last chance. See http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=382989

Fred
Old Nov 2, 2004, 7:27 AM   #4

Just to say a HUGE Thank You :-)

I was just about to order an FZ20which is£368 ($650) here in the UK but having read your post I rang Viking and managed to order the Z1 for $179 inc shipping to my friends in Florida so I can pick it up when we come over in 5 weeks time :-) All I need now is a spare battery and a 72mm UV filter to protect it and I'm all set for our vacation
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 8:28 AM   #5

Congrats on getting your FZ1 - it's a great camera. I've had mine since April '03. But please note, it has a 55mm thread (actually 55.2mm) so you'll want that instead of 72mm (which the FZ10 & FZ20 take) for your UV filter. Good luck and have fun shooting 1000s of photos. You may also want to check various threads on this forum to find where to get a second battery.

Garth
garthmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:16 AM   #6

Welcome to the fz1derful world of fun. You're going to love your new purchase. As Garth pointed out, the adapter that comes with the fz1 takes standard 55mm filters. See http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/ and http://fz1.alexoren.com for some tips. In particular, if you are interested in macro/close-up photography, a 55m close-up lens is needed to get macro capabilty throughout the zoom range. Enjoy.

Fred
Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:52 PM   #7

Thanks for the info

I've just been looking at the 512Mb SD cards on NewEgg, I can't believe the price!, wish we had rebate schemes in the UK, cheapest 512Mb here is around £27 ($50) + shipping

I'm now looking at Ebay (US site) as I can pay by Paypal and have it shipped to our friends in Florida, still works out cheaper than buying it here!. I'd askour friendsto buy it from NewEgg for me but they're scared of shopping on the net
Old Nov 2, 2004, 2:55 PM   #8

Good luck and enjoy, Phaedra. It's a great camera. Shame you have to go through all that. Surprised it isn't available at a similar price in the UK. Please post something cool from your parts when you get it and start snapping pics. Now you'll have more money to give to Mr Eisner and company. Give a shout if/when you want to upgrade to FZ-2, if you have any ???'s.

And remember, you need a55mm UV filter (...in case the others haven't mentioned it enough already) :roll:
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 5:45 PM   #9

I've ordered a 55mm UV filter off Ebay, a Hoya coated type (same one as I use on my Minolta 7Hi), busy looking for a spare battery and a 512Mb SD card (are PQI any good?) and I've downloaded the firmware for the Z2

One question I can't find an answer to though, is the battery charger multi-voltage, 100-240v? or is it US 110v only?.

Once again, thanks for all the help, my suitcase will be just a bit on the heavy side when we come back home, I've got 3 box fulls of Disney stuff for our daughter to pick up and 2 refill kits from RedRock for my Canon printers (10x 8oz bottles!) :lol:

Kind regards from a wet & cold UK

Jeff :-)
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:14 PM   #10
kaw

how did you get the coupon code?

thanks in advance

ps viking has a 30 return plicy as well

kaw is offline   Reply With Quote