Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 30, 2004, 6:53 PM   #11

Unfortunately, I do not have an FZ15 or I would do a test and post it. I don't think anyone has both. I was just trying to help.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 7:35 PM   #12
hbh

In Europe we don't have this choice because the FZ15 is only selled in USA. I would like to know if the FZ15 is producing sharper pictures than the FZ20. Is the sensor-chip overtaxed? Don't know the right word for it.
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:06 PM   #13

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I do not have an FZ15 or I would do a test and post it. I don't think anyone has both. I was just trying to help.

bobc
Your help is always valuable and welcome.
But if you wanna compare both DCs you should use the settings that let you get the best of each one. I mean the best image quality on the FZ15 is at Iso 64 and Iso 80 for the FZ20......if the Pana FZ20 does not let you set lower Isos...its simply a shame...but it's the best that the FZ20 can do.
The FZ15 is capable of getting by itself cleaner images than the FZ20 by setting the camera at Iso 64.
Thats the point.
BOTH DCs are great and there's no doubt that FZs are the best you can get nowadays.
So I understand why you defend your buy....I know the Pana FZ20 gives you great shots....as my FZ10 does.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:25 PM   #14

fz10_user wrote:
Quote:
Your help is always valuable and welcome.
But if you wanna compare both DCs you should use the settings that let you get the best of each one. I mean the best image quality on the FZ15 is at Iso 64 and Iso 80 for the FZ20......if the Pana FZ20 does not let you set lower Isos...its simply a shame...but it's the best that the FZ20 can do.
The FZ15 is capable of getting by itself cleaner images than the FZ20 by setting the camera at Iso 64.
Thats the point.
BOTH DCs are great and there's no doubt that FZs are the best you can get nowadays.
So I understand why you defend your buy....I know the Pana FZ20 gives you great shots....as my FZ10 does.
You have a good point, but the reason I chose ISO 100 is because both cameras have that setting, and to me, that would be an equal comparison. But now that you raise a good point, I would like to see the results of both.

And thank you,

bobc
Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:01 PM   #15

So whay does the FZ15 go as low asIso 64 and only an Iso 80 for the FZ20?
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:32 AM   #16

slitman wrote:
Quote:
I cant say for sure, but I don't think there would be that much of a difference, between the two. But unless one of our FZ15 owners could post some 100% crops, I cannot be sure.

slitman,

Do I have your permission to post an FZ20ISO 80 shot at 100% crop?

bobc
Old Oct 31, 2004, 7:06 AM   #17

I guess that is the problem of trying to get 2 exact pictures with the 2 cameras with the exact same settings and all.

Bobc wrote:
Quote:
slitman wrote:
Quote:
I cant say for sure, but I don't think there would be that much of a difference, between the two. But unless one of our FZ15 owners could post some 100% crops, I cannot be sure.

slitman,

Do I have your permission to post an FZ20ISO 80 shot at 100% crop?

bobc
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:21 PM   #18

Nice Pic Bob.. I cant wait to get my Tripod soon as I love to take noght shots too.. Downtown Toronto is really nice at night ..
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:30 PM   #19

fireworkz wrote:
Quote:
Nice Pic Bob.. I cant wait to get my Tripod soon as I love to take noght shots too.. Downtown Toronto is really nice at night ..
Thanks...

I want to get some Philadelphiacity skyline shots if I can find a place close enough where I won't get mugged by the crack heads.

I would'nt even mind the getting beat up part, but I could not bear to have my FZ20 taken from me.

That would be like a months worth of crack to them.

bobc