Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:16 AM   #1

This is for all you FZ20 owners out there who sent in the rebate form and are patiently waiting for their free carrying case and battery to arrive. I received mine on Friday and am very disappointed. The battery is indeed a CGA-S002 Panasonic battery but the carrying case is a very small, hard case designed for the FZ10 (the packaging actually is labeled that it is for the FZ10) that quite honestly, is useless unless you are a minimalist looking for the smallest profile case. The FZ20 does fit in this case but you won't get much more in there with it. Certainly is not any room for adapter rings and extra lens. You could probably jam an extra battery or sd card in there with it, but there is no compartment/restraint to keep it from moving around. So, if you were like me and hoping for a spacious case to avoid having to buy one, start shopping.
jeffrshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:22 AM   #2

The case is designed specifically for the camera. Most cases like this are only made to hold the camera, and nothing more. Then all you need is an accessory case for the other stuff.

The nice thing about having a case like this is to carry just the camera, and be able to quickly pull it out to get shots.

Thanks.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:23 PM   #3

Specifically designed for the FZ-10, actually. I assume that panasonic will repair, gratis, any lens damaged because the case does not allow an adapter with a uv filter.

Battery is correct however.
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 9:22 PM   #4

This suggestion might seem silly, naive or obvious, but here it goes anyway:

If you store your camera without the lens hood attached, make sure it is on the play mode. If it accidentally turns on, the lenses will try to extend in any other mode, and if the camera is in a tight case there will be mechanical damage inflicted to them... and we love our 12x's, don't we?

That.

José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:11 PM   #5

José A. wrote:
Quote:
This suggestion might seem silly, naive or obvious, but here it goes anyway:

If you store your camera without the lens hood attached, make sure it is on the play mode. If it accidentally turns on, the lenses will try to extend in any other mode, and if the camera is in a tight case there will be mechanical damage inflicted to them... and we love our 12x's, don't we?

That.

Great advice!
rbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 11:26 AM   #6

rbata wrote:
Quote:
Great advice!

Thanks, now I feel less obvious and a little bit useful.

José A. is offline   Reply With Quote