Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 19, 2004, 12:47 AM   #101

Hi Rezajune,

Did you receive my message? There was some troubles in this server and I am not sure. I tried to post a pic now and it seems OK terminatively.

Fana
fana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 8:17 AM   #102

fana
I looked at your other fotos (zip file). Congradulations on an excellent job of your power pack design. (I'm just now trying to catch up reading some of the posts.)
Very clever and skillful and professionally executed.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 2:19 AM   #103

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
A lot of members ask or talk about the Olympus Tcon-17 and or the legendary Olympus b-300 (tcon 17 took over that model) which are incredible high quality teleconverters for the price.

When I received my B-300 I had two minor setup challenges.

First, the B-300 is a very heavy lens and I do not want want to add stress to the camera or the UV/Haze lens protector by holding on to B-300 or by accidently hitting the camera at the end of the lens because its so long.

And second, it is always a must for me to keep a hood on during day shoots and the B-300 does not have front threads to screw on a hood.

I had Ron Jin the maker of Phayee tube adapter make me a custom made 72mm tube to accomdate the B-300 (probably would work fine with Tcon-17)

The original 72mm extension Phayee tube was only .75 inches and he made me one that is 2.25 inches.

This setup protects the teleconverters lens and essentially the whole camera by insulating the B-300.

And yes, i only take pictures in the nude, makes my FZ camera feel special.
Wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just sent him some email to ask about the longer tube. Managed to get a B300 to use with my FZ20, but after looking at your image of how it would appear when mounted to the standard adapter I didn't feel all that comfortable with leaving it mounted that way for extended periods of time either. One question though. How much of a gap is at the end between the inside of the 72 mm tube and the outside of the B300?
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 9:27 PM   #104

Barely any gap between the 72mm hood and the B300. I wanted it that way because since it is a teleconverter one can take advantage of the hama hood being fully extended.

It is slightly a pain to mount and unmount the B300.

First you have to mount the tube and then the hood and then the B300.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 1:07 AM   #105

Thanks. Just one other question, the standard adapter is 62mm and I believe to connect the B300 that requires 55mm. Did you get one of the 62mm-55mm step down rings for use with the B300, or are you using a combiation of two step down rings (62mm-58mm + 58mm-55mm) for the connection?
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 1:51 AM   #106

I've been reading through all your posts and thought perhaps the following site would help many who are 'dense' like me. Anyway, I found it helpful. And thanks for all your help !

[http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...n-Adapter.html]
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:53 AM   #107

@ Rezajune

I received my phayee adapter, after the promised 2 weeks delivery time.
It fitted like a glove.
I also ordered a 62mm and 72mm cap with cord.
Here i got a little problem.
I mounted my Hama Tele Hood on the adapter, tried to put on the 72mm cap and it doesn't fit on the hood. The cord holder on the cap is preventing the cap to be inserted a little in the hood, to keep it in place.
Any idea to solve this?

Greetz
Lotuzz
lotuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:21 PM   #108

To Tenshi, it does not make sense to use two step-down rings...but to use only one. the more rings you use the father out the lens or filters is shifted forward and the goal is to be as close to the camera lens as possible. Just using common sense.

Lotuzz, I know about the 72mm cap "problem". As you can see on page two of this thread, you can manage to insert the cap but the side with the string will not be able to fudge in as you noticed. I use the 62mm directly on the filters or lens of the camera while the hood is on,...its just the string goes around the hood. Stop taking pics in the Sahara Desert and you won't be needing a cap so bad.

Old Dec 28, 2004, 5:59 PM   #109

If I use the Phayee adapter tube - can I screw on a 62mm UV filter PLUS a 62mm Polarizer on top of the UV filter. Or will I have to remove the UV filter every time I want to use the Polarizer filter ?
sportster64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:39 AM   #110

Sportster64 if you take your time and read this "Question about filters" thread from the beginning it will answer this question you have and other questions that will come about soon.

you can stack as many filters as you want as long as there is a front thread on the filter.