Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:32 PM   #141

ouananiche wrote:
Quote:
<Fz 20> Quite the set up!, is there no push on filter that would go on in place of the standard lens cap?? I am thinking of modifying a filter to fit. Thanks for any input.
ouananiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:34 PM   #142

I have a Phayee adapter on the way for my FZ20 so I went looking for a linear Polarizer. I found what I think is a good deal - http://www.adorama.com/TF62PL.html

Overstock sale on a Tiffen part so you can try one out at a great price. ($9.95 + shipping)

Just received it by UPS today and it looks good but I will have to wait on the adapter before I can try it out.
crzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:54 PM   #143

Rejajune

What size Screen-Shade do you have on your camera. Is it 175 (for 1.75" diag) or 200 (for 2.00" diag screen size). Is it working well for you? I am trying to get one as well but having hard time figuring out the size. Thanks for your help
leeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:58 PM   #144

I think you made a mistake. All filters for the FZ series should be coated and this is impossible at this price.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:08 PM   #145

Are your filters coated they should haveone coat on each side.

Step rings degrade picture quality Stay
by moving the TC father away from the Leica front element.

If you ahve a 52mm adapter buy 52mmfilters and TC. Now you are stuck with Raynox products.

People should get all the issues rersolved before making purchases.

Quote:
Hello there guys, its amazing how much information is out there with regards to lens filter for the FZ20. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me and will probably answer my questions in advance.

I have a FZ20 and recently saw a UV filter and a Linear Polarizer made my raynox (PLP-P20). It comes with a 52mm lens adaptor, the 2 filters, a pouch, and a lens cover. Most of your posts in here state that I should stay away from the original panasonic 72mm lens...that much i get. But is going down to a 52mm lens too far down? Will this affect the quality of my images? or should i really try for a 62mm filter? Please help.

A secondary question...since i will now have a 52mm adaptor, does this mean that if i buy a 52mm wide angle lens I could use it with my camera?

As you can tell i am about as ignorant as they come when it comes to cameras, so any help is greatly appreciated.

I think I am asking questions that have not been asked and answered before.

thank you everyone
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:09 PM   #146

crzoom wrote:
Quote:
I have a Phayee adapter on the way for my FZ20 so I went looking for a linear Polarizer. I found what I think is a good deal - http://www.adorama.com/TF62PL.html

Overstock sale on a Tiffen part so you can try one out at a great price. ($9.95 + shipping)

Just received it by UPS today and it looks good but I will have to wait on the adapter before I can try it out.
Too cheap to be coated.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:17 PM   #147

sherpa78 wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys,
Yesterday, I received my 62mm Hoya Pro1 Super HMC Multi-coated UV-Haze filter and Hama adjustable-length lens hood. BTW, I am use the Phayee Adaptor.

Excitedly, after work, I put on the adaptor, filter, and the hood. I went outside and took some test shots. I was shocked to see that the lens hood would appear in the four corners of shots. I can't remember now if the camera lens was in wide-angle, tele or somewhere in between, but this is very disturbing. I even pulled the adjustable hood into the second, medium-length position, and it still showed up. Anyone have this problem, or did I mess up something in the s etup?

Thanks,
Sherpa78

PS. Here's the lens hood I use:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...022&is=REG
If you are shooting 1x to 3x the hood needs to be in its smallest configuration. 62mm adapters and add ons should not cause this problem. Pulling it forward makes the pproblem worse on wide angles.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:21 PM   #148

Tenshi wrote:
Quote:
Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
A lot of members ask or talk about the Olympus Tcon-17 and or the legendary Olympus b-300 (tcon 17 took over that model) which are incredible high quality teleconverters for the price.

When I received my B-300 I had two minor setup challenges.

First, the B-300 is a very heavy lens and I do not want want to add stress to the camera or the UV/Haze lens protector by holding on to B-300 or by accidently hitting the camera at the end of the lens because its so long.

And second, it is always a must for me to keep a hood on during day shoots and the B-300 does not have front threads to screw on a hood.

I had Ron Jin the maker of Phayee tube adapter make me a custom made 72mm tube to accomdate the B-300 (probably would work fine with Tcon-17)

The original 72mm extension Phayee tube was only .75 inches and he made me one that is 2.25 inches.

This setup protects the teleconverters lens and essentially the whole camera by insulating the B-300.

And yes, i only take pictures in the nude, makes my FZ camera feel special.
Wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just sent him some email to ask about the longer tube. Managed to get a B300 to use with my FZ20, but after looking at your image of how it would appear when mounted to the standard adapter I didn't feel all that comfortable with leaving it mounted that way for extended periods of time either. One question though. How much of a gap is at the end between the inside of the 72 mm tube and the outside of the B300?
The less the better. My adapter has a distance of 3.5mm between the extended front element and the front of the adapter.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:23 PM   #149

Tenshi wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. Just one other question, the standard adapter is 62mm and I believe to connect the B300 that requires 55mm. Did you get one of the 62mm-55mm step down rings for use with the B300, or are you using a combiation of two step down rings (62mm-58mm + 58mm-55mm) for the connection?
Step rings degrade performance my moving the TC away from the fornt element.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:09 PM   #150

playlong wrote:
Quote:
crzoom wrote:
Quote:

Too cheap to be coated.
Can you explain more about coated. What polarizer filter would you recommend?
Hokies is offline   Reply With Quote