Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:56 AM   #151

Jersey Joe wrote:
Quote:
First off... Hello to all! I'm the proud new owner of an FZ20 and have found this board quite helpful. I know I can probably find this info in various threads but figured maybe I'll ask in a new one. Please check the following and let me know if I'm off:

I gather from what I've read that the 72mm filters that are compatible with the fz20 are very expensive and not very common. Hence the Pemaraal pa62 which will allow me to use less expensive 62mm filters?

I should use an ND filter to protect the lens?

TIA

--Joe

Please no do not do that. An ND filter is not what its name sounds like. ND's which come in four flavors are used to cut back on the light entering the camera because the user has an extreame sunny or bright area and wants to run with a medium ISO and f2.8 depth of field……….Buy a Hoya UV series B or standard filters and use a lens hood all the time when outdoors.

Now is return please visit my site and leave favorable comments, that is an order http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:13 AM   #152

Hokies wrote:
Quote:
playlong wrote:
Quote:
crzoom wrote:
Quote:
I have a Phayee adapter on the way for my FZ20 so I went looking for a linear Polarizer. I found what I think is a good deal - http://www.adorama.com/TF62PL.html

Overstock sale on a Tiffen part so you can try one out at a great price. ($9.95 + shipping)

Just received it by UPS today and it looks good but I will have to wait on the adapter before I can try it out.
Too cheap to be coated.
Can you explain more about coated. What polarizer filter would you recommend?

Fz20 zooms require a hood on all the time because they as all zoom are prone to flaring

. The multicoated filters were designed for fixed lenses without hoods and "reduces" more flare and admits more 4% more light the A Hoya series B, standard which has one coat on each side. The key operative is reduces they will never say prevents. You will never never see a performance difference between the $$$HMC polarizer and a series B. Save your money for some other purchase the filter should cost about $20.00 in 62mm. You must use a hood.Now is return please visit my site and leave favorable comments, that is an order http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:54 PM   #153

Rezajune, Thank You for your insight and help on accessories for my FZ20. I do have a question, you recommend the Adorama 72mm Telematic Zoom Lens Hood (for lenses 24mm to 210mm), shouldn't I be using a 62 mm with the adapter tube? I was under the impression that the lens hood screws in like a filter to the adapter.

Thank You

Jessica :?

jessica33ftg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:38 PM   #154

Jessica, it depends on the adapter tube you are using. Many of us use the Phayee adapter, which is a two piece design. It allows the use of 62mm filters on the first piece. The second piece is then screwed on to the first piece. This second piece has 72mm threads, and this is where the hood Rezajune mentions is screwed on to.

If you are using another type of 62mm adapter, then using a filter and hood would require that a 62mm hood be screwed onto the 62mm filter directly.
Vmax911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:53 PM   #155

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys. In case any of you are curious about the generic pedal hood that Rong Jin offers with his adapter, I just received one with my order. It screws on to the filter which I guess could be a little dangerous. Oh well, here's a pic of the hood/filter/adapter:

Tooooooooo shallow
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:56 AM   #156

Vmax911Vmax911, thank you very much for information. I have a Phayee adapter. I did not understand about the 72 mm threads. I have the camera and the adapter isin route from China from Mr.Rong Gin (I believe that's his correct name) :?I am in love with my FZ20 and have only had it a week. If anyone's interested in building a fantastic telephoto lens adapter stack for their FZ10/20 I have aPanasonic forum FZthreadfor you (!) First go to the link below and page down and look at the grizzly bear enjoying some lunch (photograph taken at roughly 500 yards), then go to the beginning of the thread (by going to thetop or bottomof the page and click on page 1 and very carefully read throughto find the right telephoto combination for you). Excellent information I think everyone will enjoy and learn a lot !!

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...highlight=TCON

If there's any problem with the Link, type or paste in http://www.dcresource.com/forums and put the following in the search window "FZ20 Telephoto confusion"

Take Care Everyone

Jessica
jessica33ftg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:48 AM   #157

Thanks for the word. Just bought it. Joe
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 1:20 PM   #158

Jessica.....genece posted that same pic and link in this forum yesterday. You might want to look around here first.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:00 PM   #159

Hi

Did anybody look at this copy of adapter?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...872443496&rd=1
It does look like Phayee adapter.

I was trying to buy Phayee adapter and I wrote email to Phayee, but nobody responded back.

Is Marumi filters Ok?

Thanks
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:25 PM   #160

Does the Phayee adapter with the 72mm extention cause flaring with the built in flash like the stock adapter?
shaun_nelson is offline   Reply With Quote