Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:27 PM   #171

Very good info here in this thread

I ordered the Phayee adaptor, Hoya super pro 1 filter, Hoya Linear polarizer and the adorama hood!! I already got the two filters in my hand. I am waiting on the Phayee adaptor and the darn hood is on backorder . I cant wait till everything gets here! Looks like an awsome set up!
ProStreetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:41 PM   #172

I don't know if he still sells them. I read it on another forum that that eyecup fits snug on our FZ1/10 (don't know about fz15/20 but should)

Its made out of rubber and I just expanded the opening a little and pushed it onto the fz10.

I re-read the thread and found my answer. Yes I did read it in the first place!!!!!!......but not well enough.. ;-)
owenflynn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:32 PM   #173

Question for nextphoto.net FZ20 Thread Adaptor Users.

Can You Use the original Lens Hood when using Thread adaptor and UV lens on it?

Brgds

Johannes
Jozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:33 PM   #174

ouananiche wrote:
Quote:
<Fz 20> Quite the set up!, is there no push on filter that would go on in place of the standard lens cap?? I am thinking of modifing a filter to fit. Thanks for any input.
ouananiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 3:29 AM   #175

Jozo wrote:
Quote:
Question for nextphoto.net FZ20 Thread Adaptor Users.

Can You Use the original Lens Hood when using Thread adaptor and UV lens on it?
Yes, you can. I put a 55mm UV filter on Nextphoto.net adapter using a standard hood myself. No problem.
lukkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:16 PM   #176

Hello,I was just wondering about what would be the best way to add a wide angle lens to the FZ20? The Panasonic brand lenses are too expensive. There are so many adaptors, brands etc on eBay but I dont know what will work best. If I buy the 62mm Phayee tube adaptor can I then ad a wide angle lens to this? If so, which one would you suggest? Can I use ANY brand lens/filter that will fit this adaptor? What is the main benefit of using the Phayee adaptor?Thanks for your time,Oct04Boy┬*┬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/img]
oct04boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:37 PM   #177

oct04boy wrote:
Quote:
Hello,I was just wondering about what would be the best way to add a wide angle lens to the FZ20? The Panasonic brand lenses are too expensive. There are so many adaptors, brands etc on eBay but I dont know what will work best. If I buy the 62mm Phayee tube adaptor can I then ad a wide angle lens to this? If so, which one would you suggest? Can I use ANY brand lens/filter that will fit this adaptor? What is the main benefit of using the Phayee adaptor?Thanks for your time,Oct04Boy[img]/forums/images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/img]
if you use an adapter (Phayee, Pemaraal, Raynox, any of them will work) you can screw any filter or converter lens with the same size threadsdirectly onto the adapter. i have a Phayee on my FZ20, and it works perfectly for filters, close-up lenses (like the Nikon 6T), lens hoods or a teleconverter.

as for which WA converter to use, several folks here with FZ20's have recommended the WCON-08B... it's got 62mm rear threads, so it would screw right ontoa Phayee adapter, and turns the FZ lens at full WA setting into the equivalent of a 28mm lens on a film SLR. it's pretty large and heavy, but lots of people like its performance. list price for this WA converter is about $135 at B&H Photo, but i'm sure with a little research (or some time on ebay) you could get one cheaper.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:38 PM   #178

Thanks heaps for your quick response! I have started researching on eBay and am thinking maybe the 52mm Raynox adaptor with the Raynox DCR-5000 0.5x super wide angle lense. Would you know if this is a good quality lense? I havent read anything bad about this brand.Thanks again,Oct04Boy
oct04boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:00 PM   #179

don't have any personal experience, but from what i've read, Raynox makes good stuff. might be a tad "soft" around the edges, but other than that, i've not read any criticism of their lenses...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:34 PM   #180

oct04boy wrote:
Quote:
I have started researching on eBay and am thinking maybe the 52mm Raynox adaptor with the Raynox DCR-5000 0.5x super wide angle lense. Would you know if this is a good quality lense?
oct04boy,

If you're considering the Raynox line of WA lenses for your FZ20, I'd suggest you look at the DCR-6600PRO combined with the RT5264P adapter. (Lovelife's CRing adapter set may be good as well, but I don't have any first-hand experience with it.) This lens, while not as wide as the one you're currently thinking about, has practically no distortion and is sharp corner-to-corner.

Check out the various lens comparisons on Raynox's web site at:

http://raynox.co.jp/comparison/digital/comp_fz10.htm

Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote