Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:59 PM   #51

Thanks for the info. How do you order from Mr Chen? I like his system with the twist on lens hood. As you stated his site is not translated.

Thanks for the help.

Mark Butcher

Michigan
mwbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:02 PM   #52

hehehemann wrote:
Quote:
slitman wrote:
Quote:
I decided to go the route of a Hoya HMC UV filter instead of the Pro 1 as I don't plan on adding any other lenses.
I intend to use a macro lens (probably the nikon 6t), which UV filter should I be buying to allow them to stack?

Thanks.

As long as it is 62mm thread it will stack.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:24 PM   #53

Rezajune, Where did you get the rubber cup over the viewfinder?...Jer99
Jer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:40 PM   #54

Anyone heard from Rezajune lately on this forum?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:45 PM   #55

I am here always checking up on you guys. Whats up...please check the posts a little before and it should tell you where I got the eyecup, or if one can't get a hold of me, just search my previous posts to get the information you guys need.

Let me know if you guys need anything else.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:43 PM   #56

Hi Rezajune, a quick question for you. I was looking a getting a lens hood and have seen some which have a 72mm metal thread that screws onto the camera. Is this similar to your hood or did that just slide on?
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 2:20 AM   #57

If its a "screw on" don't mean to sound dirty then it might be the same as mine..here is the link to the one I got and highly recommend,

http://www.adorama.com/LNHZ72.html?s...hood&item_no=1

try not to get a hood that you fit or push it over the filters and then tighten it up with a side screw...I don't like them for you can lose that screw and then you are literally screwed.hahahah..

I like the adorama...aka..hama hood because you can adjust it to your environment.

here is the eye cup link again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:33 AM   #58

Rezajune, I have decided to take your suggestion and order the Phayee adapter from Ron Jin.Is it best to order it off of eBay ororder it directly by emailing him at[email protected]?

I decided to go the route of a Hoya HMC UV filter instead of the Pro 1 as I don't plan on adding any other lenses.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:11 PM   #59

I believe it might be better just emailing him. Like I said, he is a great person to communicate with, even though he is over seas.

Don't think that you are NOT going to stack anything over the UV/Haze filter. You will one day. For example if you are shooting outdoors and there is sky or water or anything that reflects, you will need a polarizer. One day you might get a ND filter to make falling water smoother or get a greater DOF....how about a graduated ND filter???
Maybe you might add a teleconverter or macro lens in the future. I don't think I have ever anybody say "I have been taking pictures for ten years and never needed a filter"

That is why most of us get this camera anyways, to stack filters and lenses like the guys with DSLR cameras without spending 4000 dollars.

The UV/Have filter you are looking at will work fine, but like I said, you will most likely stack something in the future.

Old Nov 24, 2004, 2:34 PM   #60

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

I just ordered my Hoya 62mm Super HMC Pro1 UV filter from there. Cheapest price I could find at $32.80 + $5 shipping + $2 insurance = $39.80.

Registered with the forum to share that info and to thank Rezajune for all of his awesome info about the FZ20 and the Phayee adapter (which I also just ordered!)
ConcertPhotog is offline   Reply With Quote