Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:04 PM   #61

Great company to order the Hoya Pro 1 filter from. I got the same filter from the same company and vouch for them.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 2:45 PM   #62

Rezajune,

I just thought I would let you know that I did get in touch with Rong Jin. Apparently my work email was blocking his replys. Any way all is well. I ordered his 62mm B+W MRC UV Haze filter and several of the lense caps w/tethers. Did you compare the Hoya uv filter with the B+W? Any huge differences? Also, do you have any info on Tele converters? Specifically the Raynox DCR 2020 Pro?

Thanks again for all of your informative posts.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:19 PM   #63

I've just purchased the FZ20 and am lookinjg for a polarizing lens and a UV lens. Inoticed in your response, you said to get a linear polarizer. Is there a reason? I've always used circular polarizers so that I could adjust the effects when I rotated the camera for different views. Am I missing something?

I would also appreciate more info on the adaptors. Do I really need a different one from the Panasonic? I only basically use 3 filters: ND, UV and Polarizer. You recommend the Phayee, which seems to only come from China. Is there a rerason?

Thanks,

Mike
mikejs304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:10 AM   #64

Whats up Smac. I believe that only the High End line of the Hoya filter are similar to the B&W filters. I did compare the two and found them very similar in specs. Most likely I will never be able to tell the difference.

I have heard good things about the DCR 2020Pro and some bad things. The Bad things that I heard is that it is too light of a teleconverter in order to have high quality lenses inside of it, so therefore it must be made out of plastic. Like I said I only heard of this and I think someobody talked about it in this forum.

I am having a custom extra long 72mm tube made for me by Ron Jin to accommodate my Olympus B300 so i can still have a teleconverted with a hood and also I would be holding on the tube rather than the teleconverter. I will have images soon for you guys to check out my new teleconverter setup with my Sunpak 544 soon.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:15 AM   #65

I am awaiting arrival of my FZ20 and have been following the forum about the adapters. How critical is it to switch to the Phayee or other converters, in your opinion? I will be using a circular polarizer primarily, which I haven't purchased as yet and a UV filter to protect the lens. With that in mind, is it necessary to "upgrade" the adapter?

I also noticed that you recommended to one member that he purchase a linear polarizer. Is a circular one not necessary on the FZ20? When I rotate the camera for a different angle I like the ability to maneuver the polarizer.

Finally, I have a Nikon Speedlight SB-25 flash unit. Do you know if that will work with the FZ20?

You seem to be knowledgeable and I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Mike
mikejs304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:36 AM   #66

Rezajune,
I got my FZ20 1 month back and using the original adapter and 72mm Hoya UV Filter just to protect the lens.
However, during the night using Flash. There always a black shade (something like a semi circle) at the bottom of the picture. I can figure out is due to the original adapter.

I had follow this forum closely and will be going to order the Phayee adapter + Hoya UV filter. But before that I got 2 questions :

1. Will the Phayee adapter solve the semi circle problem ?
2. Is the lens shade important for day time photography ? Can I use back the original lens shade with Phayee adapater ?

Thank you.
thamch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:14 PM   #67

Finally I have pics for everybody.

Here is my setup.

I have a centering plate attached at all times. Originally I
made this from the plans that you can find here,...http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/image/34710649

The centering plate is meant for finding the correct nodal points for panoramic picture taking. Since I am getting this Nodal Ninja panoramic head from Nick
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...t=Nodal+Ninja+
I won't be using is for such a purpose but instead I found that it serves better as a battery and quick lock holder while one can STILL ACCESS THE SD and BATTERY COMPARTMENT.

I also have pics here of the Sunpak 544 which is a great flash at around 80$ ebay or $150 new. Nothing is going to make the shadow go away because the lens is in the way, so one must get a flash like the sunpak 544 or bounce whatever flash on the camera do make the shadow disappear.

This setup makes the camera feel very solid because one can get a great grip by holding on to the DSP 9000 which some are complaing about the handling of it.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions.

Sorry I only made 1 centering plate for myself. A friend owed me a favor and would only make one for me.

Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:37 PM   #68

Picture of Centering Nodal Plate and FZ10

Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:38 PM   #69

Plate with quick-lock and DSP 9000
Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:39 PM   #70

Another View of Quick-lock, Centering Plate and DSP 9000
Attached Images